Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Thought Gouff showed the most drive tonight, looked like he was trying (which he always has done tbf).

Not disgraced at all.

done alright deserves to keep his place.

He seemed to be the only one that gave a shit last night. Tiote and Anita tried but had no one to release the ball to as Gouffy was doing Santons job.

You look at our side and you simply have to question some of the lads desire. Not Gouff however, puts in a great shift.

I thought a couple of his left foot deliveries where decent tbh but i'd love to see him start in the middle. I can kinda see Pardew's logic with Remy up top. I thought we would come and play deep and compact, looking to spring Remy on the counter attack with balls over the top. Never went like that and we ended up hooking it to his head which got denied ever time.

Probably our most consistent player this year. Never going to hit the heights of any inform Remy or Ben Arfa but he never has a terrible game or anything. Shame he hit the post, don't think he did a great deal wrong with that chance.

Guest hatem garrincha

Out wide he adds to the creativity problem.

Agreed. Played (very well) as second RB all first half last night . But it's Pardew choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Dived in far too much when he was defending, but an absolutely monumental effort from Gouff I thought. He puts in just as much graft as Gutierrez does for the cause, with the added benefit of being a bit good at football also.

strange player, I love his workrate etc yet he hasn't shown much of what strikers are for the ability to put the ball in the net

Might be because we are using him as a workhorse winger and doesn't get into position to do that.

Remy does play outwide as well but it seems he's instructed to get in the box as much as possible, so a little different.

strange player, I love his workrate etc yet he hasn't shown much of what strikers are for the ability to put the ball in the net

Might be because we are using him as a workhorse winger and doesn't get into position to do that.

Remy does play outwide as well but it seems he's instructed to get in the box as much as possible, so a little different.

he's also missed some absolute sitters too.

he's also missed some absolute sitters too.

So has every striker that has ever played for this club.... not saying he has it in him but he hardly gets into position enough to know for sure.

Guest icemanblue

Really, really impressed with his attitude today. He was bollocksed at around 65 min (socks got pulled down - dead giveaway), but kept at it and used the ball very well.

Really, really impressed with his attitude today. He was bollocksed at around 65 min (socks got pulled down - dead giveaway), but kept at it and used the ball very well.

I was extremely puzzled that he wasn't taken off instead of either Cabaye or Ben Arfa, was very clearly uncomfortable and struggling to help Debuchy out (although he did his best).

Guest icemanblue

I was extremely puzzled that he wasn't taken off instead of either Cabaye or Ben Arfa, was very clearly uncomfortable and struggling to help Debuchy out (although he did his best).

Thought the same. He looked puzzled when the subs were made. Probably would have happened, if we hadn't conceded when Hatem dropped back there.