The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

@bpfootball: BREAKING: US shoots down football mistaking it for Korean nuke. #adebayor

:lol:

I hate that we've entered another one of those times where "Korean" automatically means "North Korea"

Time for jotenko to come in with his this is 2013 and deal with the truth bullshit :lol:

As soon as the shoot-out started I said out loud that the Basel players would score all of theirs. From what I've seen they looked a lot more prepared for the competition than Spurs, or any other English team for that matter.

Yup, they look a tidy outfit. All academic now, but glad we didn't draw them :lol:

AVB took the Europa League seriously from day one, and fair play to him for that. Not sure how they were unprepared.

They lost in a penalty shoot-out.... end of.

l think due to a lack of discipline and concentration Spurs (and Chelsea as well in their tie with Rubin) committed basic errors they never would in a Premier League match.

A penalty shoot-out isn't totally controlled by chance either. With more or less equal technical ability, the fitter (and therefore more lucid) side usually wins. From the 30 mins of extra time I saw the Swiss were clearly in better form and controlled the game, while spurs had lost their shape. And it showed in the quality of the spot kicks. Vertonghen's lazy challenge that got him sent off is symbolic on both counts.

If Chelsea win the Waffa I think I'll be sick in my mouth even though I'll win a canny packet. Horrible cunts.

Got Benfica (sorry) at 10/1 before the round of 16. If Chelsea win it's total, infinite :anguish: for me.

If Chelsea win the Waffa I think I'll be sick in my mouth even though I'll win a canny packet. Horrible c***s.

Got Benfica (sorry) at 10/1 before the round of 16. If Chelsea win it's total, infinite :anguish: for me.

So it's YOUR fault!

If Chelsea win the Waffa I think I'll be sick in my mouth even though I'll win a canny packet. Horrible c***s.

It will feel like relegation to them after winning the CL last season.