Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

---------------Mitrovic-------------

Aarons--------Perez-------Thauvin

------Winjaldum----Sissoko-------

Haidara--Taylor-Mbemba-Janmaat

-----------------Krul----------------

Please...just try it for one game, see how it goes.

You don't run the NUFC Gallowgate twitter account do you by any chance?

As much as it would be fun to see that team play against a League 2 club and as much as I think Colback and Anita are both average.  I think we'd get raped if we went with that lineup.  4 defenders, then just a load of all out attacking players  :lol:

As much as it would be fun to see that team play against a League 2 club and as much as I think Colback and Anita are both average.  I think we'd get raped if we went with that lineup.  4 defenders, then just a load of all out attacking players  :lol:

f*** me, it's back again

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article252548.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/victor-meldrew-pic-bbc-512475908.jpg

:p

Oh by all means, try it.  Can't be much worse than the boring shit we're serving up with Colo, Colback, Anita, Obertan and Cisse.  In fact, I'd probably like to see 3-4 of those replaced by someone better off the bench myself

It would be quite scary seeing the opposition 4 on 2 vs Taylor and Mbemba every 5 minutes though :lol:

Honest question - but if Shelvey/Cork can look great in midfield - why on earth cant a dutch international, and a france international?

I agree that right now they wouldnt work, but dont they have the tools to grow into a role, assume they are coached and have time to mature?

Oh by all means, try it.  Can't be much worse than the boring s*** we're serving up with Colo, Colback, Anita, Obertan and Cisse.  In fact, I'd probably like to see 3-4 of those replaced by someone better off the bench myself

It would be quite scary seeing the opposition 4 on 2 vs Taylor and Mbemba every 5 minutes though :lol:

I think against Man United we've got to try it. If we try to sit back and contain them we'll be on our arse within ten minutes.

They've hardly shown much in their first two games mind.  That said, if we so obviously try and play on the counter like the other day.  Then we'll probably get the obligatory 3-0 Old Trafford hammering :lol:

I expect 1-2 changes, on top of Janmaat.  Not a complete shuffle like that.  I'd be pretty pissed off if it's still the likes of Obertan and Colback playing.  But we know it will be.  Colo and Colback in particular are absolute locks to start games. 

Minor injuries to both wouldn't be a disaster  :whistle:

Honest question - but if Shelvey/Cork can look great in midfield - why on earth cant a dutch international, and a france international?

I agree that right now they wouldnt work, but dont they have the tools to grow into a role, assume they are coached and have time to mature?

Because Cork can actually protect a defence effectively and Shelvey is a totally different player, one who thrives on risk taking unlike the pair we have.

I don't know much about Cork, but Shelvey is a hard running box to box type is he not? I don't think you could describe either Colback or Anita as one of those.

Why couldn't Gerrard/Lampard work in midfield? You can't just put two quality players together and expect them to work well together. You need players that complement each other's skill sets

I'd just run that lineup for the 0 fucks aspect.

Why couldn't Gerrard/Lampard work in midfield? You can't just put two quality players together and expect them to work well together. You need players that complement each other's skill sets

Funny you should mention that comparison as wasn't it McClaren who was absolutely relentless in picking those two together :lol:

Funny you should mention that comparison as wasn't it McClaren who was absolutely relentless in picking those two together :lol:

Let's hope his spell in Europe has instilled some perspective.

Mitrovic

Aarons            Perez        Thauvin

Winjaldum  Sissoko

Tiote\Anita\Ginge

Colo\Taylor  Mbemba    Janmaat

Krul

Left backs are for chumps.  :laugh2:

Guest antz1uk

@skysports_bryan: Florian Thauvin has arrived in Newcastle to finalise £13m move from Marseille. Medical due tomorrow. (@SkySports_Keith)