Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan May ‏@Ryan_May_  1h1 hour ago

@FlorianThauvin if only you were half the player he was #WasteOfMoney #NUFC

8 retweets 2 likes

Reply  Retweet  8 

Like 2 

More

Reckon if he was half as good as Zidane he'd be one of the top 10 players in the world :lol:

Of all players I cannot see why Thauvin gets abuse like, other than the fact he's not Ben Arfa he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Probably not helped by Lee Ryder calling him lazy in matches where he's pretty much ran more than the entire field combined.

Mong Ryder doesn't have any bearing on my opinion of him, as I wasn't even aware he said that.  I don't pay attention to his opinions on our players any way.  He probably thinks Colback should be in the England squad. 

I certainly won't be tweeting him, calling him shit because he isn't as good as Zidane :lol:  But from what I have seen of him.  He looks slow, doesn't really beat his man and certainly does look half arsed.  Has really bottled some challenges as well, the sunderland game comes to mind.  Coming off the back of a shit season in France, where he was constantly rumoured to be turning us down and costing us a lot by our standards.  I'm not particularly high on him TBH.  Not that the price tag is his fault, mind.

He does deserve a bit more of a chance to shine, though.  Wijnaldum was much improved as a 10 vs Arsenal, after being anonymous out wide for a while and I'm not sure long term, Perez can play as a left winger.  When Thauvin come on the other day, he seemed to be playing in some strange, very deep inside forward, on the right?!  Not sure what McClaren is thinking with him.  But considering how shit we are, we might as well try something different.  He needs to play reasonably well on Saturday, assuming he starts.  Otherwise I don't see his minutes improving too much. 

As for his bird.  Fair play to the lad, no hate for him there!  I respect him for that, for sure  :azn: 

Guest Roger Kint

Imagine the fucking state you'd have to be to spend your night tweeting a fucking footballer.

Same ones begging Carroll, Nolan & Barton to come back no doubt :anguish:

Aye that's what I meant.

He hasn't looked the player I thought we'd signed (I'd never seen him kick a ball before, just heard he was like Be Arfa and got an erection), I said after the Man Utd game how disappointed I was with his pace but I've just got to accept he isn't really that kind of player.

Like the same people who give him grief are the 'wor Jack' crowd.

I honestly think it's down to that piece Ryder wrote after the West Ham (?) game where Thauvin came off absolutely shagged after covering probably more ground than anyone else on the pitch, was something like "Thavin looks like he doesn't care" and then "I LOOKED ON STATS ZONE AND NOTICED COLBACK INTERCEPTED THE BALL 5 TIMES. WOW."

Ryder is xenophobic to non-Geordies.  He's had a pop at me on twitter about or on one of them awful opinion pieces before, I'm sure. 

He always mentions it when talking about Carver, Dummett and Colback.  Like that somehow puts them above everyone else at NUFC.  All three are absolutely shit and the fact they are locals, shouldn't make any difference on how we judge them. 

It's nice to have young players from the region in the team and it would be great to have a Geordie manager.  But I'd rather they're not terrible. 

You should be fielding players and hiring managers who are up to the job and task regardless of region or nationality or "gets the area" - you think that Man City team full of different nationalities have all these players who fully get the area to succeed? No way.  They are employed by a football club who wants to win trophies. If these players are not good enough to deliver these trophies, or the manager is unable to get the results that the club demands, then they replace the manager and the players with better ones, not this xenophobic lunacy about having these local area lads, esp ones who are fucking shit.

It stems from the English spine belief. Ando was on about it last night. I agree it would be nice but look at some of the midfielders we've had Colback, Smith, Nolan, Perch, Butt, Barton. Generally shit to mediocre with Nolan and Barton having spells.

You can bang on the English spine for sure, but until we sign your next John Stones or Delli Alli or heck, sign players of the quality of Shawcross or Lallana to play for us then the English spine thing can get fucked. Believe me, I'd be all for signing a guy like Nathan Redmond to play on our right side or Ryan Bertrand at LB but we've proven every time we aren't interested in doing that.

We need a spine full-stop, being English has nothing to do with it.

Although I agree with the first bit, I think it's pretty obvious now that we'd massively benefit from bringing in English players like. Or at least players who've spent a lot of years here and have a lot of experience in our leagues.

I really like having English players in the squad, local lads even more, but in the end being entertained is what matters to me, and people like Jack Colback and Paul Dummet do not entertain me in the slightest. In fact they anger me.