Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Chelsea is weak defensively, especially with Terry struggling after just getting back, and Moses/Obi in Africa. They get no protection for fullbacks from their wing players and neither of their defensive two is particularly inclined or skilled at the art of defending. Both will want to push forward and we can take advantage of this. Hazard is suspended and I'm quite sure Cech is injured or at least struggling for fitness.

The answer is to attack them and do so mercilessly. They'll eventually get the breakthrough if we sit back on our box. They'll be spaces at the back throughout the game and we must attack them. We can win this way.

IF we had some pace up front I could see us getting a result of sorts in this game because we could put some pressure on the weakest area of their team.

As it is, I can't see us getting anything although I suspect the m/f battle will now be a lot closer than it would have been before Sissoko was signed.

We need a striker with real pace in order to make the best of our m/f...neither Cisse or Ameobi are blessed with it although Cisse's anticipation off the mark is what makes him damgerous.

IF we had some pace up front I could see us getting a result of sorts in this game because we could put some pressure on the weakest area of their team.

As it is, I can't see us getting anything although I suspect the m/f battle will now be a lot closer than it would have been before Sissoko was signed.

We need a striker with real pace in order to make the best of our m/f...neither Cisse or Ameobi are blessed with it although Cisse's anticipation off the mark is what makes him damgerous.

... Gouffran?

We seem to up our game against the 'big' clubs so I don't think we'll be hammered. I really can't call it because we'll have gained confidence from beating Villa, the new boys will be up for it what with being at SJP for the first time and Chelsea have been dodgy enough away from home this season. The biggest problem here is Pardew. I shamefully hope it's 0-0 at half time, if we're winning early enough then Pardew will fuck us over and we'll lose comfortably.

ppl who doesnt put Jonas in thier line up  :idiot2: :idiot2: . this is not fantasy league try to put realistic side.

Why? What exactly has the Jonas of late offered?

I am not saying he is offering but as long as Pardew is the manager he will always starts bar injury and suspension.

Krul

Debuchy  Saylor  Colo  Santon

Sissoko  Anita  Cabaye

Gouff                      Obertan

Cisse

Saylor ahead of mbiwa because of the familiarity of Ba

I hope Ba doesn't get too bad a reception. Him leaving was always inevitable, but unlike many departing cunts, he continued in the right way and gave his all for the club - right up to him scoring two goals in his very last game. He did well for us and left for the European Champions who are currently in a Champions League position; I don't hold him in any great disregard. Somehow doubt the masses will feel the same way, however.

As for the match itself, we're more than capable of getting something from the game. A win would be brilliant, a draw would be good, but at the very very least - we need to take the morale boost from tonight and put in a good performance for ninety minutes. If we pander to the opposition and put in a dreary performance, the injection of confidence from tonight will just get sapped away from both players and supporters.

My gut says it'll be a tight 0-1 or 1-2 victory to Chelsea.

---------------------------------- Krul ----------------------------------

Debuchy ------------ MYM ----------- Colo ---------------- Santon

----------------------- Anita ---------- Cabaye -----------------------

-- Gouffran ----------------- Sissoko ------------------- Marveaux

-------------------------------- Cisse -----------------------------------

... is what I'd like to see, however I don't envisage any changes from tonight's game. Properly scandalous dropping Anita like; he's done his best to carry us at times in Cabaye's absence.

Chelsea have so much quality it's going to be really difficult and you know Ba is nailed on to score. That said they're a strange club at the moment, a bit hit and miss at times, definitely not unbeatable. I think we'll give them a proper match but we need to be positive and have a proper go at them. Hoping Marveaux comes back into the side for Jonas and Anita for Perch.

The win against Villa takes a little bit of the pressure off this one. Would've been a hideous match to go into having lost.

---------------------------------- Krul ----------------------------------

Debuchy ------------ MYM ----------- Colo ---------------- Santon

----------------------- Anita ---------- Cabaye -----------------------

-- Gouffran ----------------- Sissoko ------------------- Marveaux

-------------------------------- Cisse -----------------------------------

All players being fit and in a reasonable shape to play - would opt for this too. Maybe swap Cabaye and Sissoko during the half (to give one of them a breather/change things up). Similarly, Gouffran and Marveaux to roam in behind Cisse and feed on the through balls from Caboko.

Optimistic we can get all three points from this; crowd should be in fine voice and the home debuts for 3 (if not 4) players; Chelsea being without the likes of Cech, Hazard, Obi Mikel, Moses, Luiz and Romeu and their hectic fixture list (they're already whingeing about playing every 3 days). HTL.