Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

His adrenaline filled debut vs. Chelsea was class.

Shame we bottled that game. Played some great football for 70 or so mins.

Was 2 nill up after around 70 mins then in the end had Obertan in the corner protecting  the draw

• 5 months later...

I think he's a good player sorry Dinho

I'm not saying he's bad or good, just that most people don't know how his career will turn out unless they've seen him for a prolonged period. That or they would need to observe him day in day out behind the scenes.

better option than dummet/manquilo/gamez/haidara - they've played countless games for us between them and havent ever gotten near mbabu's level on his debut. ok it was one game but the strength, tackling, pace was evident.

not saying he was the new maldini or anything but was worth sticking with when looking at what we got for him and what we spent on shitty FB'S since.

yes i am a fanboy.

I think he's a good player sorry Dinho

I'm not saying he's bad or good, just that most people don't know how his career will turn out unless they've seen him for a prolonged period. That or they would need to observe him day in day out behind the scenes.

The fact is we in essence traded Mbabu in for Lazaar, Gamez, Yedlin and Manquillo of those 4 only one looks like he has more potential or worth the investment over Mbabu. Not saying we should have kept him but the replacements have largely been underwhelming.

• 3 months later...

Weird bump but just wanted to point out that he's been very good this season. YB will win the league for the first time in 30 years and he's been a top performer - with quite a bit of support (admittedly mainly from YB fans) for him to go to the World Cup as Lichtsteiner's understudy.

Probably means nowt as he'd have never got a chance here but interesting to see what happens with his career.

Weird bump but just wanted to point out that he's been very good this season. YB will win the league for the first time in 30 years and he's been a top performer - with quite a bit of support (admittedly mainly from YB fans) for him to go to the World Cup as Lichtsteiner's understudy.

Probably means nowt as he'd have never got a chance here but interesting to see what happens with his career.

I would go as far as to say he's better than Manqullio, so his sale was a bit baffling if you think that.

Yeah for a start he's physically far better than Manquillo. Gets up and down the pitch really well. There's no doubt he was really raw here but then who coming out of our academy sides isn't.

I think another loan would have been good but maybe the lad wanted the permanent move last summer.

Guest neesy111

Signing Manquillo was just weird in all ways. Might as well have kept Anita.

Anita wanted to leave.

Signing Manquillo was just weird in all ways. Might as well have kept Anita.

I noticed on the agents payments list the FA published the other day that he has/had the same intermediary as Merino. Maybe it was felt worthwhile as part of a double deal.

To be fair, I don't think he's been a disaster or anything. Just not really enough of an impact on his own to be worth signing, if it's provided backup and strengthened our link with a good contact, then that's fair enough.

Swapping fullbacks is just Rafa's vice, I fully expect a couple to leave and a couple to come in this summer, and at the end of the season we'll wonder what the point was. Many great men have their vices, some are into drugs and gambling, he is into average fullbacks.

Swapping fullbacks is just Rafa's vice, I fully expect a couple to leave and a couple to come in this summer, and at the end of the season we'll wonder what the point was. Many great men have their vices, some are into drugs and gambling, he is into average fullbacks.

Haidara and Gamez are def out. Lazaar probably too.

Can see him bringing in someone like Ollson or even fucking Pieters and some random RB youngster from Girona or something.

Just glancing over some of his fullbacks bought at liverpool: Dossena, Degen, Kromkamp and Barragan :lol: