Transfer deadline day

Stifler

James Olley ‏@JamesOlley  11m

Borini's deal to #QPR: Fee agreed with #lfc - £10m rising to £13m - but wages the issue. Player wants £90k-a-wk. Club offered £58k so far.

:lol: :lol:

90k a week :spit:

Wouldn't have even offered anything over 40k.

Borini's deal to #QPR: Fee agreed with #lfc - £10m rising to £13m - but wages the issue. Player wants £90k-a-wk. Club offered £58k so far.

You've no ambition.

He's surely quoting a before tax figure.

Surely...

You've no ambition.

:lol:

Chambers                            Gibbs

Wilshere    AOC

Walcott          Ramsey         

Welbeck

Used to be the most foreign team

Ramsey is Welsh, i'd say 3 will start regularly tops.

@GraemeBailey

...but the expectation is no more deals at St James' Park and few could argue they have had a very good summer. goal.com/en-gb/live-upd…

:facepalm:

Mong.

See how much of a good summer it is when we finish even lower than we did last summer.

What the f*** is wrong with people.

To people in the media, staying in the division is a grand success. Little point listening to any of them.

I heard a bit of 606 on Saturday with one of our lot on digging out the old cliches to defend the manager - "hands tied behind his back" etc and Darren Fletcher, who along with Ian Dennis is the biggest whopper on the station, said something along the lines of "I know fans like Newcastle's want success but there's a lot to be said for surviving in the Premier League and not bankrupting the club"

Darren Fletcher is a fucking wanker. Knows absolutely fuck all about football and much like Alan Green, belittles and immediately cuts off anybody that challenges his point of view.

:thup:

I'm a big fan of 5Live generally but the football coverage (outside of the commentary) is absolutely horrendous. That said, I don't see that anybody else is offering better. Football media's just one big old boy's club and the only time they'll criticise is if it's someone like AVB who they know they are unlikely to ever have to sit next to in some studio.

@GraemeBailey

...but the expectation is no more deals at St James' Park and few could argue they have had a very good summer. goal.com/en-gb/live-upd…

:facepalm:

Mong.

See how much of a good summer it is when we finish even lower than we did last summer.

What the f*** is wrong with people.

To people in the media, staying in the division is a grand success. Little point listening to any of them.

I heard a bit of 606 on Saturday with one of our lot on digging out the old cliches to defend the manager - "hands tied behind his back" etc and Darren Fletcher, who along with Ian Dennis is the biggest whopper on the station, said something along the lines of "I know fans like Newcastle's want success but there's a lot to be said for surviving in the Premier League and not bankrupting the club"

Darren Fletcher is a f***ing w*****. Knows absolutely f*** all about football and much like Alan Green, belittles and immediately cuts off anybody that challenges his point of view.

:thup:

I'm a big fan of 5Live generally but the football coverage (outside of the commentary) is absolutely horrendous. That said, I don't see that anybody else is offering better. Football media's just one big old boy's club and the only time they'll criticise is if it's someone like AVB who they know they are unlikely to ever have to sit next to in some studio.

I called up the evening the dickhead in our dugout headbutted David Meyler saying that it his actions couldn't be defended and that he must be sacked, drawing attention to our rotten form as well.

Basically got laughed at by two researchers who tried to argue the toss that we 'had some good results'. They're all in the same boat. :thup:

Darren Fletcher is insufferable when on Bt with Robbie Savage. He was on about that Chambers for Arsenal after their game against Palace and said he looked like he'd played 500 games at centre half. A few hours later he was getting torn to bits at Everton.

The type of pundit only interested in the top four or London clubs, and if a young player has one decent game he's the next Terry/Scholes etc. Basically a right cheese ball.

Darren Fletcher is insufferable when on Bt with Robbie Savage. He was on about that Chambers for Arsenal after their game against Palace and said he looked like he'd played 500 games at centre half. A few hours later he was getting torn to bits at Everton.

The type of pundit only interested in the top four or London clubs, and if a young player has one decent game he's the next Terry/Scholes etc. Basically a right cheese ball.

so like all the football media, everyone not in the elite should be happy with basking in their reflected glow

so like all the football media, everyone not in the elite should be happy with basking in their reflected glow

very true.

3 clubs in for welbeck, one in north east. Fee is £18m permanent or £3m loan. 2 clubs willing to pay permanent, one has offered loan. Can guess who the loan offer is from...

Wouldn't it be more like that we would be offering 3m for a permament move? :lol:

3 clubs in for welbeck, one in north east. Fee is £18m permanent or £3m loan. 2 clubs willing to pay permanent, one has offered loan. Can guess who the loan offer is from...

Where's that from?