Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Still think he were too negative second half again.

We lost all momentum when Gouffran went off. Much as I like Marveaux he didn't offer any where near the same attacking threat or defensive cover as Gouffran did.

This. Pardew should have taken Perch off when he went down and feel like that was costly. Lloris made a FINE block on Shola too.

One thing it highlighted is that Taylor and Colo are too slow to play as a partnership. Any sort of pace against  them and we have problems. Debuchy and Santon were also poor today defensively and surprisingly going forward also. Cisse lost the ball every time and Krul gives the ball straight back to the opposition everytime he kicks the ball. Decent effort though but I honestly think Tottenham were there for the taking today.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew not happy with something

Hopefully with himself for leaving an ineffective Perch on for so long and then for bringing Shola on.

Perch wasnt even the worst player for us tbh. Typical desperate attempt at dragging a defeat back to Pardew though, well done as ever.

Both teams looked pretty scrappy today. Probably deserved a point on the balance but Bale was a matchwinner and we haven't got anyone of that quality in our squad. That was the big difference.

A loss at WHL prefaced an amazing run of wins last season so hopefully we'll be in for the same this year. Just hope Gouffran is okay.

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

:thup:

Nailed it

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Twice the talent of Cabaye, Ben Arfa?

Really?

Nah....

Aye didn't expect hyperbale from our supporters tbh.

At times, we played some really decent football. Our ability to play the ball on the deck has been completely transformed.

I've not been one of Perch's fans, but his distribution is a lot quicker than Tiote's and several times in the first half that really helped us maintain the momentum of an attack.

Gouffran was a loss. Marveaux struggled to get in the game, and Sissoko looked a bit tired.

Colo got done by Dempsey for the free kick which led to the goal, and seemed to hesitate for the second.

Bit of a shit way to lose the game. Perch being an idiot and a howler reminiscent of when Blackburn beat us at home a few years ago.

The performance wasn't too bad, but 2-1 was a fair result. I'm not sure if the players were tired (seriously, who gives a fuck about international football at this point, let alone friendlies ffs) but they had more ambition second half, and we rather disappointingly reverted to too many long balls from Krul. This was in part due to Spurs' impressive harrying from the front, but part due to us being stupid. Fatigue may have played a small part, but I think it was more likely a tactical decision from above.

Gutted to see Gouffran out, hopefully it won't be for too long. Think he has been quietly sensational for us so far.

Missing the other Demba atm. I can't fault Cisse's attitude or commitment, but he's just not as good as Demba1. Not taking his chances well enough is the bottom line for a number nine who isn't fantastic at creating chances for others.

All in all, crappy start to the weekend, will probably avoid football but not too disappointed with the performance. Provided we don't let our heads drop too much after this, I think we'll be safe, which means this game was just a bonus game in our write-off of a league season.

Bring on the Europa.

Definitely too negative again in the second. I think you could give him any 11 players in world football and that would still be his default setting. That's why we've got to move him on at some point soon.

Was pretty disappointed with Spurs on the whole. For the transfer fees they've shelled out and the vast amount of players they've bought over the last few years; they're the definition of a one-man team - certainly in Defoe's absence. We'd have won today had Bale not been there.

Never the same after Gouffran left.

Decent enough, terrible mistake by Taylor (Colo slow too) but overall could have been worse.

maybe should have brought on obertan, marveaux kept making the wrong decisions.... not that gab would have sorted that but his pace may have covered that