Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are some right soft cocks in here like. I agree with Interpolic, I am sick of f***ing the cups off year after year, excuse after excuse. Even if we lose to Southampton I am more than confident that we will stay up. I mean for f***s sake man yeah, there are far better teams than us in this competition and it is highly unlikely that we'll win it but you never know what will happen if you try your best; look at Bradford ffs.

I agree with this like. I think even if we lose on Sunday we'll stay up still. Lose on Thursday and that's it.

We either send a full reserve side managed by Willie Donachie, or we play a full strength team. We have been too chop and change this season which has been a reason why we are so far down the league table. The best possible preparation for Southampton is to keep the team together.

I'd agree. It's a tricky decision, but Pardew shouldn't duck it by playing half a first team.

I would be reluctant to take Steven Taylor considering how injury prone he is, I don't think a trek to the Ukraine would be the best idea considering he did his hamstring against Southampton, ruling him out for months, just after playing against Maritimo on the Thursday night.

Krul

Santon    Taylor  Mapou  Haidara

Tiote      Anita

Obertan      Marveaux      Jonas

Cisse

Can't afford to risk anyone else really, we're still in an awful position in the league and Southampton are starting to pick up points.

There are some right soft cocks in here like. I agree with Interpolic, I am sick of fucking the cups off year after year, excuse after excuse. Even if we lose to Southampton I am more than confident that we will stay up. I mean for fucks sake man yeah, there are far better teams than us in this competition and it is highly unlikely that we'll win it but you never know what will happen if you try your best; look at Bradford ffs.

:thup:

Had a deeks on here after the 1st leg and you'd have thought we'd been relegated again. Lowdsa daft cunts claiming that was us out. Kharkiv man, it's not even a real place. Absolute bunch of quims.

Play strongest available side :

Krul

Mbwia. Taylor.  Colo.  Santon

Tiote.    Cabaye

HBA/jonas Sissoko.    Goufran

Cisse

Harper Bigi  Haidara Willo Anita Obertan Campbell

Metalist aren't exactly a big physical team. Put our strongest team out.

Did you see the size of their centre halfs!!?

Didn't see them kick anyone - one if them got a bit hand bags a one point. Most of their team are technical fall over at the slightest touch type. If they fancy kicking Cisse up the arse it might just do the trick.

Going full strength on Thursday should be no excuse for losing on Sunday.

We have to go for this. Highly doubt that we will though - think we'll go backup and play for a score draw.

Same team again probably! Unleash Sissoko and hopefully kill the game off with a couple goals before the hour mark. Then swap the big guns for the likes of Shola, Marv and Anita. Surely with the likes of HBA to come back and Marv, Anita and Perch fresh we should be able to pull off 2 results

I think we can afford to rest one of Taylor or Colo and put Mapou in without any real differences. Otherwise I'd play as strong a team as possible. Santon really could do with a rest somewhere along the line, like, but I'd still play him in this un.

We should hopefully have HBA, Gouffran and debuchy to come straight into the Southampton game,  i would rest Saylor, the way Metalist play i would play Colo as he seems better equipped to defend against there attackers who are tricky technical players and would play Simpson RB and put MYM alongside Colo and i would rest Santon, in fact he looks shattered so think i would even leave him out completely and save him the travelling.  either play Haidara or perch at left back.  Midfield i would bring in Anita for cabaye,  Sissoko looks fit and strong enough to play against Kharkiv and play against Southampton and the only other decision is SHola or cisse up front.

i would go for

KRUL

SIMPSON  MYM  COLO  HAIDARA

SISSOKO  TIOTE  ANITA  OBERTAN

MARV

CISSE

set the team up with two banks of four and solid and look to hit them on the break with the pace of Sissoko, Obertan and Marv to hopefully get the important away goal which sees us through

then come sunday play, inuries permitting play the following side against Southampton

KRUL

DEBUCHY  TAYLOR    COLO  SANTON

TIOTE      CABAYE

HBA              SISSOKO        GOUFFRAN

CISSE