Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We really needed to win by a couple of goals tonight so we could comfortably send a weakened team over there to hopefully hold on. Unfortunately we've had that opportunity taken away from us and we need to send a full strength team over there if we want to win the tie.

two goals isn't a great deal when going away, obviously better than 0-0 but not enough to go back to playing a largely reserve team.

We really needed to win by a couple of goals tonight so we could comfortably send a weakened team over there to hopefully hold on. Unfortunately we've had that opportunity taken away from us and we need to send a full strength team over there if we want to win the tie.

two goals isn't a great deal when going away, obviously better than 0-0 but not enough to go back to playing a largely reserve team.

I think it'd be ok against this lot, like. They looked really average to me for the most part.

Doubt Cisse, Sissokho n Cabs will play. need them for Southampton which is a must win. I would play Marveux, Anita and Shola instead.

Luckily we can play them on both games. This would be a dilemma if we had a game this weekend. Now it's a no-brainer and we must field as strong team as we can.

I agree but also if we limp out the competition in gutless fashion that in itself creates a different pressure for the match Sunday, regardless of who plays.

They have to really show some balls out there and not emulate a Bordeaux away style performance.

All the proposed teams look decent enough until you realise we have to play Shola as the backup striker. FFS man Gouffran being cup-tied is a real ball ache and he could easily have had a big impact tonight. Especially if he had played instead of Obertan/Jonas.

Don't understand why we need to rest everyone.....

Rest Colo and Cabaye.... bring Perch and Anita in, keep Mbiwa in at CB or RB. Play Jonas-Cisse-Marveaux with Sissoko in behind.....

Then bring Debuchy, Colo, Cabaye back in for Southampton and hopefully Gouffran and Ben Arfa will be fit as well.

That's enough changes there to be fresh for both games and win both games.

Honestly I would look at playing a full strength defence, perhaps with omission of Santon as I think we could do with him being 100% for Southampton (I do think he'll play though). If we keep the score down we've got a chance, with Simpson and/or Willo in the side that instantly becomes a massive task.

Cabaye, Sissoko and Santon as I've mentioned I would look to rest for Southampton, they cover a shit load of ground between them.

No need to go full strength. I'd go for:

Krul

Simpson  MYM  Taylor  Haidara

Perch        Anita

Sissoko

Obertan              Marveaux

Cissé

No need to go full strength. I'd go for:

Krul

Simpson  MYM  Taylor  Haidara

Perch    Anita

Sissoko

Obertan              Marveaux

Cissé

Does not compute.

Krul

Simpson Willo MYM Haidara

Anita  Perch

Obertan  Marveaux  Fergie/Sammy

Cisse

A strong bench in case things go wrong, and we can still nick this.

We only have three subs to use mate.