Most underrated/overrated player in the PL

Guest nufc_89

Not currently a PL player, but Fabregas for me is ridiculously overrated. No doubt he's a good player. Just nowhere near as good as people say. Not worthy of a place in Barcelona's squad, nevermind the first team.

Isnt a single midfielder in the world that's better than him, apart from his teammates

Bollocks. Juan Mata shits all over him and that's only in the Spanish set-up. The guy has no bottle and has shown nothing of his "leadership" skills since his move from Arsenal. Like I said, he's no doubt a good player. He's just nowhere near the calibre of player you allude to.

I'm glad others agree Kyle Walker's overrated. He's so shite defensively it's untrue and he certainly isn't good enough going forward to make up for it.

Overrated: Vermaelen, Szczesny, Benteke, David Luiz, Evra

Underrated: Zabaleta, Steven Taylor, Milner

Agree with the Howard shouts. Just because he's been at a club for a while doesn't mean he's great. He's been good for us but increasingly suspect over the past 12-18 months. His command of the area and in particular the 6 yard box is pretty much non-existent.

Not currently a PL player, but Fabregas for me is ridiculously overrated. No doubt he's a good player. Just nowhere near as good as people say. Not worthy of a place in Barcelona's squad, nevermind the first team.

Isnt a single midfielder in the world that's better than him, apart from his teammates

Bollocks. Juan Mata s***s all over him and that's only in the Spanish set-up. The guy has no bottle and has shown nothing of his "leadership" skills since his move from Arsenal. Like I said, he's no doubt a good player. He's just nowhere near the calibre of player you allude to.

:anguish:

What? :lol:

Fabregas is a great player but there are other midfielders better than him. Juan Mata for one.

Some on here :lol:

Kompany, David Luiz, Suarez, Baines?

Fuck is this thread?

Kompany is living off last seasons performances, been very average this time round, Baines is an english John Arne Riise and Suarez isn't the god of football Liverpool fans and commentators would like you to believe. Hell be nowhere near as good once he leaves Liverpool. Wonder why?

Wayne Rooney - Not the world class player everyone will have you believe.

Gareth Bale - Very good but the hype is ridiculous at the minute. Have even heard some people say he's top 5 in the world, which imo, is just insane.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Fabregas is obviously better than Mata (hes better than Silva too).

Hes been shoehorned into the Barca side a bit and its not really worked but thats irrelevant to him being a fantastic player and one of the best creative passing mids out there

Hes been shoehorned into the Barca side a bit and its not really worked but thats irrelevant to him being a fantastic player and one of the best creative passing mids out there

We'll agree to disagree, but IMO there is no way he's "obviously better than Mata", no way at all.

Guest neesy111

Completely different type of players to compare.

Not having Steven Gerrard shouts for a second. Admittedly he has been called one of the premier league era greats...but only because he is.

Agree. On this board, he's very under-rated, and I can't fathom why.

Overrated - Ashley Cole

Underrated - To a large extent, Jack Wilshere. Yes, he's started to get some real praise, but not enough. There's no better all round midfield player in the Premiership, and at 21, there's more to come.

Gerrard's overrated now, there's little doubt that he's been a great Premier League player but he's just not that good any more. The media love to lick his arse like he's still the same and he's not.

Plus he's a cheat and a boring bastard.

Not having Steven Gerrard shouts for a second. Admittedly he has been called one of the premier league era greats...but only because he is.

Agree. On this board, he's very under-rated, and I can't fathom why.

Overrated - Ashley Cole

Also, this is ridiculous considering what you're saying about Gerrard.

Baines over-rated? Fuck right off. The only thing between him and greatness is his hair cut.

Best bit about him is he looks like a reject from a 90s Oasis tribute band.  :lol:

Excellent wingback, limited defender.