Rafa Benitez

Big Geordie

The idea of John Terry being manager of Chelsea is absolutely mental IMO. The fact it is given any credence at all is ludicrous.

We went on a nice run with Roeder / Shearer though. You can't argue the fact he does seem to have a lot of authority at that club.

Still think the bloke is a total fuck nugget though - would love to see him burn :lol:

I don't think even Roman is mental enough to hand his club over to John Terry. Just because he dominates the dressing room does not make him a manager.

Surely there comes a point, though, when all the good and decent managers say "No" to Roman despite the wads of cash on offfer? At which point the choice between, for instance, John Barnes and John Terry makes the latter a reasonable choice?

* BTW I should clarify my "decent shout" comment as meaning "there's a reasonable chance of that happening", as opposed to "I think that would be the correct decision for Chelsea to make" :lol:

Chelsea were in real financial trouble, just prior to the Russian taking over - talk of administration. I'm sure John Terry was linked with a move up here (when SBR was in charge) Then the Russian came in with his money and everything changed. Unfortunately, a successful Chelsea sells loads of copy for the tabloids so they are pretty much always in favour. Just listening to that cunt Jason Cundy on Talkshite at the moment. He sounds typical to be honest.

There was talk of Terry coming here, the headline was Terrys All Gold. For some reason I always remember this useless piece of information :lol:

:lol: I'm the same with "FOX CHASE" from the Chronicle when we were after Ruel Fox.

He's been treated awfully by the Chelsea fans there's no doubt. Reminds me of when we sacked Hughton for no real reason and brought in Pardew. Difference is we knuckled under and got on with it whereas they still keep going on about Di Matteo to this day.

Guest Roger Kint

He's been treated awfully by the Chelsea fans there's no doubt. Reminds me of when we sacked Hughton for no real reason and brought in Pardew. Difference is we knuckled under and got on with it whereas they still keep going on about Di Matteo to this day.

I would hate to think how many of them would be protesting if he was named full time boss and not interim, they are getting what they deserve those still harping on about it. Other than his point about being interim(if he thinks for one second that the players/fans wouldnt have found out anyway he is on drugs tbh) he was spot on imo.

I don't think even Roman is mental enough to hand his club over to John Terry. Just because he dominates the dressing room does not make him a manager.

Surely there comes a point, though, when all the good and decent managers say "No" to Roman despite the wads of cash on offfer? At which point the choice between, for instance, John Barnes and John Terry makes the latter a reasonable choice?

* BTW I should clarify my "decent shout" comment as meaning "there's a reasonable chance of that happening", as opposed to "I think that would be the correct decision for Chelsea to make" :lol:

I think that is already starting to happen.  They worked really hard to get Guardiola but he didn't want to know.  Klopp has said he is not interested.  Laudrup said this week that some clubs just don't allow you time to build something and with a couple of bad results, they get sacked and that didn't appeal to him.

Chelsea are starting to run out of options.  The fans seem to want Mourinho back - not sure if that will happen.  He and Roman have made up but Mourinho may have a choice of clubs in the Summer and may want a different challenge.

I think that is already starting to happen.  They worked really hard to get Guardiola but he didn't want to know.  Klopp has said he is not interested.  Laudrup said this week that some clubs just don't allow you time to build something and with a couple of bad results, they get sacked and that didn't appeal to him.

Chelsea are starting to run out of options.  The fans seem to want Mourinho back - not sure if that will happen.  He and Roman have made up but Mourinho may have a choice of clubs in the Summer and may want a different challenge.

Clearly true, only a manager who just wants a rapid sacking and a payoff would be interested TBH.

Really shocked he wasn't aware of his title till after the signed the deal. Very fishy. That title translated means scapegoat if anything goes wrong and also that we don't fully support him. I can't imagine it isn't a rock around his neck every day. Still he must be on mad money for this little deal.