Rafa Benitez

Big Geordie

Chelsea were in real financial trouble, just prior to the Russian taking over - talk of administration. I'm sure John Terry was linked with a move up here (when SBR was in charge) Then the Russian came in with his money and everything changed. Unfortunately, a successful Chelsea sells loads of copy for the tabloids so they are pretty much always in favour. Just listening to that cunt Jason Cundy on Talkshite at the moment. He sounds typical to be honest.

Chelsea were in real financial trouble, just prior to the Russian taking over - talk of administration. I'm sure John Terry was linked with a move up here (when SBR was in charge) Then the Russian came in with his money and everything changed. Unfortunately, a successful Chelsea sells loads of copy for the tabloids so they are pretty much always in favour. Just listening to that c*** Jason Cundy on Talkshite at the moment. He sounds typical to be honest.

They were apparently £80million in debt and if they hadn't qualified for the CL in 2003 (on the last day I think) they'd have been in critical condition as RA wouldn't have bought them. He might have bought us in that situation but that just my guesswork.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kWNNGHacVC0/T3h15IszLhI/AAAAAAAAAjo/bh-YMfcOh1M/s400/Mick-McCarthy-gif.gif

:lol: Still the greatest gif ever, alongside his impromptu jig on the touchline.

Aye, it's incredible. Made me like MM. Prefer the YT Top Gun version though.

This one, too:

Honours pre-Roman:

Leagues

First Division/Premier League

Winners: 1954–55

Domestic Cups

FA Cup

Winners: 1969–70, 1996–97, 1999–2000

Football League Cup

Winners: 1964–65, 1997–98

FA Community Shield

Winners: 1955, 2000

European

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners: 1970–71, 1997–98

UEFA Super Cup

Winners: 1998

Good on him I say. The way he has been treated by the club and the fans is discussing, it was not him that sacked Di Matteo, he got offered a job, at a top English club when had been out of the game for a while, of course he's going to take the job, they should be targeting the board not the manager as it was there decision to sack Di Matteo. I get the initial reactions of the fans, for the first game or two, as they were clearly disappointed at the sacking of Di Matteo, but for it to last for nearly 3-4 months is beyond a joke. They should be trying to get behind the team not booing and chanting, which is obviously going to have a bad effect on the team. A good example of this is Southampton when they sacked Atkins, he was initially greeted with a bit of hostility, but the fans then got behind the team, and they have been getting some decent result recently, even beating the champions.  Chelsea is now a state, is is a poison chalice for any manager that takes the job, I can't see any big name managers going there, as they will be greeted by boo's and hostility straight of the bat, and with no guarantee they will still be in a job come 6 months. I can eventually see Abramovich selling up, and Chelsea being left in taters.  Chelsea are a vile club, and they do not deserve the success they have had in recent times.

Good on him I say. The way he has been treated by the club and the fans is discussing, it was not him that sacked Di Matteo, he got offered a job, at a top English club when had been out of the game for a while, of course he's going to take the job, they should be targeting the board not the manager as it was there decision to sack Di Matteo. I get the initial reactions of the fans, for the first game or two, as they were clearly disappointed at the sacking of Di Matteo, but for it to last for nearly 3-4 months is beyond a joke. They should be trying to get behind the team not booing and chanting, which is obviously going to have a bad effect on the team. A good example of this is Southampton when they sacked Atkins, he was initially greeted with a bit of hostility, but the fans then got behind the team, and they have been getting some decent result recently, even beating the champions.  Chelsea is now a state, is is a poison chalice for any manager that takes the job, I can't see any big name managers going there, as they will be greeted by boo's and hostility straight of the bat, and with no guarantee they will still be in a job come 6 months. I can eventually see Abramovich selling up, and Chelsea being left in taters.  Chelsea are a vile club, and they do not deserve the success they have had in recent times.

Have to say a lot of rot in that. Yes the board should take the majority of the blame as if they were going to be that trigger happy they should never have hired Di Matteo in the first place (which in all honesty, they clearly never really wanted to). But Benitez walked in there with his eyes open. No way any other manager would go into the club and be greeted by boos and hostility - Benitez is so hated because of his time at Liverpool and what he said about Chelsea and the clubs fans when he was there. If they'd appointed near enough anyone else, they may have had a couple of protests at Di Matteo, but it'd be long forgotten now. Why are they a vile club? They're not really that much different to any other club, except they had someone with money come in who wasn't a fraud (Birmingham, Portsmouth) or happy to press a self-destruct button every other year until he figured out a decent strategy (Ashley).

Every club has absolutely moronic fans and sadly the more success a club experiences the more fans have. Yeah Chelsea have a few repulsive players, but we've not exactly had some saints in our recent past (Barton, Bowyer, Carroll, Ranger etc). 

Anyway, have to say what I REALLY bloody hate about Benitez is the fact he's got an excuse for absolutely everything and nothing is ever his fault.

Chelsea were in real financial trouble, just prior to the Russian taking over - talk of administration. I'm sure John Terry was linked with a move up here (when SBR was in charge) Then the Russian came in with his money and everything changed. Unfortunately, a successful Chelsea sells loads of copy for the tabloids so they are pretty much always in favour. Just listening to that cunt Jason Cundy on Talkshite at the moment. He sounds typical to be honest.

There was talk of Terry coming here, the headline was Terrys All Gold. For some reason I always remember this useless piece of information :lol:

I'm right behind Rafa on this TBH. Chelsea fans overrate Di Matteo to an unbelievable extent. They were possibly the worst side to win the CL in recent memory. To take against Benitez like they did is stupid.

Obviously blame lies with Abromovich for picking him and Benitez for taking the job as well, but now he's there they way they've behaved is totally self defeating.

I'm right behind Rafa on this TBH. Chelsea fans overrate Di Matteo to an unbelievable extent. They were possibly the worst side to win the CL in recent memory. To take against Benitez like they did is stupid.

Obviously blame lies with Abromovich for picking him and Benitez for taking the job as well, but now he's there they way they've behaved is totally self defeating.

Ironically, the worst winners since Benitez's Liverpool.