Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Dunno what the stats are on possession but even when they didn't have the ball they were controlling the game.  Not been impressed with Anita so far.  Cisse's not having a good game either but starved of service and when he his he doesn't really add much.  On the plus side Saylor has been fantastic.

Guest Klizsch

Some decent pressure from time to time and Anji or whatever really look dangerous on the counter. Central 3 held possession but its just too defensive, 2 players sitting deep with anita running around a bit ahead wont really create anything. Cant really see the point in having both Jonas and Tiote in deep roles. Oh well, fluky 1-0 coming up

Dunno what the stats are on possession but even when they didn't have the ball they were controlling the game.  Not been impressed with Anita so far.  Cisse's not having a good game either but starved of service and when he his he doesn't really add much.  On the plus side Saylor has been fantastic.

Anita has been terrible, nothing is differing his shitness to Tiote in my mind. Haidara and Santon have been poor too.

Only guys actually doing anything is Marv and the central defenders.

Got to say..if we concede, i'm turning the tv off and going out for a pint..don't see us doing anything to get 2 goals back when chasing the game..

Anzhi will start diving and time wasting once they get a goal and we will just get frustrated..

What worries me, is that come 65 minutes or something and it is goalless we will just end up chucking Ameobi on and hoping something will happen.

I think the team has been set up alright, but there is so much sloppiness all over the pitch.

Cisse offering next to nothing in general play. Anita anonymous. We need him to put his foot on the ball and take control. We're losing the ball in really dangerous areas repeatedly. It's not just lack of movement - there's been some brutal first touches out there.

Been acres of space in the middle a few times when Santon has had the ball, need to move Sissoko back to that number ten role and away from the wing IMO.

Tiote Anita

Marv  Sissoko Jonas

Cissé

The way it's looking Spuds could be England's only representatives in the 1/4 finals of european competition this. And they were freaking lucky. That's simply shocking for the amount of money rolling around in the PL.

What worries me, is that come 65 minutes or something and it is goalless we will just end up chucking Ameobi on and hoping something will happen.

I think the team has been set up alright, but there is so much sloppiness all over the pitch.

Shola is a beast in Europe though, it's written in the stars...

We look lost after changing the formation and setup from what we've been using for months now. Looked good on paper, but too many players look lost. I know Gutierrez is crap out wide but we need to go back to 4-2-3-1 and put Sissoko back in the hole.