Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United - 17/03/13 @ 4pm (Sky Sports 1)

Nobody

You normally never get two performances the same from Wigan so lets hope this week they play like they did against Liverpool rather than the one that played Everton off the park last week.  Think after his 2 cameos i would give Campbell his full debut.

ELLIOTT

DEBUCHY      SAYLOR      MYM      SANTON

TIOTE      JONAS

CAMPBELL      SISSOKO      GOUFFRAN

CISSE

Wigan play with a high line and push up,  the pace of AC, Sissoko and Gouffran can exploit that.

Won't happen though as Marveaux will probably play instead.

Martinez's patented end of season terminator team of doom

:spit: Get in.

Think we should have enough to get by these.  They tend to pick up at the end of the season, but we're on a great run at the minute.

You normally never get two performances the same from Wigan so lets hope this week they play like they did against Liverpool rather than the one that played Everton off the park last week.  Think after his 2 cameos i would give Campbell his full debut.

ELLIOTT

TIOTE      JONAS

CISSE

Wigan play with a high line and push up,  the pace of AC, Sissoko and Gouffran can exploit that.

We need to rotate. I think it's time to start thinking about resting Sissoko/Cabaye in order for them to be fit for Europa League.

I'd have no problem with Campbell starting, he'd offer more going forward than Jonas/Shola/Papiss whom we've previously seen in that position.

Marveaux deserves a start. He might be knackered from last night though, worked his bollocks off.

Guest palnese

Elliot

Debuchy Taylor MYM Santon

Anita  Sissoko

Marveaux Campbell Gouffran

Cisse

Assuming Cabaye is out.

I fancy us to win this one, in theory, this is the type of game that should suit our current set up most. I think this will be an end-to-end match, they like to get forward but we've got tremendous pace and ball carrying on the counter. Sissoko should be in his element.

1-3 - Sissoko, Gouffran and Cisse to score.

Elliot

Debuchy.    Saylor.    Mbiwa.    Santon

Sissoko.  Tiote        Anita

Marveaux. 

Cisse.    Gouffran

Elliot

Debuchy  Taylor  MYM  Santon

Cabaye  Tiote

Marveaux      Sissoko    Gouffran

Cisse

That should do the trick. I wouldn't be averse to seeing Jonas on the left and Gouffran on the right however, I'm not sure if this is the game for Marveaux but he's a match winner in his current form, he'll have to work hard though.

We're a different team with Gouffran available, makes us look much more dangerous on the counter.

Spot on and the fact Wigan will be more open might suit us. There's pressure on them to get a result here. For all their escape acts in recent seasons a loss here would really screw them.

ELLIOTT

TIOTE      JONAS

CISSE

We need to rotate. I think it's time to start thinking about resting Sissoko/Cabaye in order for them to be fit for Europa League.

I'd have no problem with Campbell starting, he'd offer more going forward than Jonas/Shola/Papiss whom we've previously seen in that position.

Marveaux deserves a start. He might be knackered from last night though, worked his bollocks off.

I think Jonas looks better in that central position than out wide tbh, wouldn't be against this as he is quite disciplined. Would maybe start Marveaux on left with Gouffran on right

Elliot

Debuchy.    Saylor.    Mbiwa.    Santon

Sissoko.  Tiote        Anita

Marveaux. 

Cisse.    Gouffran

Supposing Cabaye is not fit i wonder if this is not the best balanced formation for attack and defence. 3-4-3 is quite a tricky set up to play against. Crowds the midfield and also doubles up on the wings. Can be a bit exposed at the back though, especially against the counter attack. We would need a mid 3 to work hard across the width of the pitch to help the FBs. Going forward though, i think if we can get some quick ball between their CBs we could really trouble them. They also seem to be a team who find it hard to reassert themselves once they lose the initiative.

Elliot

Debuchy    Saylor  Mbiwa    Haidara

Perch      Anita

Sissoko

Marv                              Gouffran

Cisse