Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

that tackle was reminiscent of gravesen on bernard at goodison. evereyone saw it bar the bloke with the whistle , over the top, no attempt for the ball and a manager who says "he's an honest lad".....fuck off. that was ABH and I'm disgusted at thise that haven't got the honesty to see it as such.

The commentary on that handball - Murray (I think!) saying it wasn't easy to see the handball in real time - as the BBC show the replay in slow motion with Shola appealing for handball from the backpost, get this, in real time.

:lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if Shola saw the world in slow motion tbh, his body seems to move in such a way.

Guest neesy111

That's a great save from that Cisse chance.

The replay from behind the goal showed it wasn't going in, but it still should have been a corner. Which as we know means DANGER.

:lol:

The replay from behind the goal showed it wasn't going in, but it still should have been a corner. Which as we know means DANGER.

We're getting better at them it has to be said :snod:

While Halsey has been getting all the stick after watching on MOTD it has to be said he has been severely let down by his two linesmen,  one had a clear view of the challenge on Haidara and the handball was on the linesmans side as well while Halsey was at the back post although both should have seen it as you can see all the players did.

Linesmen have been bottling decisions since time began, this will never change. It's usually a massive surprise when they do stand up and be counted.

Guest neesy111

We're getting better at them it has to be said :snod:

Aye Saylor had a good save from a header 1st half.

While Halsey has been getting all the stick after watching on MOTD it has to be said he has been severely let down by his two linesmen,  one had a clear view of the challenge on Haidara and the handball was on the linesmans side as well while Halsey was at the back post although both should have seen it as you can see all the players did.

all our players saw the hand ball, that kind of accounts for most angles.

Guest neesy111

Linesmen have been bottling decisions since time began, this will never change. It's usually a massive surprise when they do stand up and be counted.

Then they get fuck wits like Ferguson berating them for that.

I thought it looked like it was heading into the corner? There was a lot of spin on the ball. Saying that, I've not seen a 'straight on' replay since this afternoon, when I was too angry to comprehend anything. Our corners were actually alright today  :lol:

The only thing that annoys me slightly about their winning goal is how many of our players seemed to stop for the whistle, including Elliot. It should have been a freekick obviously, but we still made a right fucking mess of stopping it going in.

The only thing that annoys me slightly about their winning goal is how many of our players seemed to stop for the whistle, including Elliot. It should have been a freekick obviously, but we still made a right fucking mess of stopping it going in.

I'm always annoyed when Simpson does it (with offsides), but if a team does it together on a handball in the box, you'd think it should have more effect on the referees - and I think it probably adds extra impact to all stop together (as though to say - this is so clear, we don't even need to continue) - but today we weren't getting shit from the ref :lol:

Just one of those days.

Annoys me the blindly smacking the ball in a crowded area. So many sloppy goals like that we concede. 

Callum mcmanaman isn't all inncocent like Martinez claims - the little cunt posted this on Twitter about a month ago --- Look at that fucking hashtag  :rant:

callum mcmanaman ‏@cm_macca

"Wow never been so cold on a pitch in me life that was a funny game haha are boys love a tackle.. #chaos #twofoot"

Just finished watching the game and haven't caught up with any of the threads yet. That tackle is the most disgusting thing I've seen since Keane on Haaland. I absolutely loathe it when players think they can do whatever they want after first getting a slight touch on the ball. It's shocking to see players try to injure fellow professionals without showing any respect to them.

Never felt that violent during a game and was praying for Perch or Tiote to snap the fucker in half. Also well done Carver. Felt very proud when I saw him react like that. :thup:

Hope Halsey has a long look in the mirror and hangs his boots. Shocking stuff.

Play to the whistle YES but you also have to appeal, trouble is all of our players seen it was so blatant and fully expected the ref to disallow the goal.

Today is one of those games that you never really get over such a huge injustice on the foul and winning goal. Shit like this angers me for a long time.

:thup: Another refereeing fuck up but it's the play to the whistle thing. Everyone focused on appealing rather than getting the ball out and then arguing about it.

Callum mcmanaman isn't all inncocent like Martinez claims - the little cunt posted this on Twitter about a month ago --- Look at that fucking hashtag  :rant:

callum mcmanaman ‏@cm_macca

"Wow never been so cold on a pitch in me life that was a funny game haha are boys love a tackle.. #chaos #twofoot"

Warra a cunt.

Just got back an hour or so ago, still absolutely foaming about that refereeing performance. Wish I could have a job where I could make as many shocking mistakes as that in 90 minutes and still keep my job, absolutely pathetic.

Our fans were top class today though, absolutely mental celebrations for Santon's goal :thup: