Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

If Pardew sent the players out and told them to go through the motions and get through the game without injury or suspesion then it was exactly what a proffesional manager should have done,

I fully support this, as to consider the consequences of those things happening could have caused far further reaching problems than losing a game to an expensive circus of a football club.

Dull selection really. Simpson and Obertan have never shown much desire and they were a hopeless combination. For me, Anita's better performances have been at right back, and I'd have stuck him there and Perch in the middle.

And anyone instead of Obertan.

The best you can say about this game is it's out of the way.

Guest bimpy474

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a f***. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

It's not the defeat, it's the style of it and the lack of effort.

If there's one game where you can expect lack of effort it was this. To be fair I can't even fault the players, getting through without injuries was the main thing.

Agree here.

Many people were even saying pre-match that they wouldn't bother about this particular match, yet react like we just got relegated.

Not me, the one thing the players can do, for the fans that travel is try. Get beat by the better team fine but not surrender gutless like today.

And i would say that whether we were in the top ten, facing a cup game or no game this week. Trying is the minimum we should expect.

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a f***. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

It's not the defeat, it's the style of it and the lack of effort.

If there's one game where you can expect lack of effort it was this. To be fair I can't even fault the players, getting through without injuries was the main thing.

Agree here.

Many people were even saying pre-match that they wouldn't bother about this particular match, yet react like we just got relegated.

Not me, the one thing the players can do, for the fans that travel is try. Get beat by the better team fine but not surrender gutless like today.

And i would say that whether we were in the top ten, facing a cup game or no game this week. Trying is the minimum we should expect.

For the fans that traveled, yes it is indeed hard to take and they've got every right to be angry at Pardew and the players.

For all the others, that could switch off the 'TV', they shouldn't complain too much because, as pata said, not getting any new injuries was important today.

Thursday (and the two so important home games after that) will show if Pardew was right or wrong. I hope that we'll get 3 wins out of our next 3 home games, and a result this Thursday.

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a fuck. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

:lol:

Guest hobshobs

The players may appear do not give a f*** but if you look at the wider picture it's plainly obvious that the players don't believe or have faith in what Pardew is asking them to do. This squad should never be set up to be defensive. Don't forget Colo has already told pardew his tactics are naff this season.

And don't forget it's Pardew who has picked and made Shola captain in games this season. Now that is a player that I would agree doesn't try.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 18m

Sissoko heads over to #nufc fans to hand shirt into the crowd. Probably the only player to emerge with credit today.

:dowie:

I'm guessing he was instructed to do that after going straight down the tunnel on the FT whistle against Wigan.

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a fuck. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

:lol: :lol: Think that's the best one I've heard yet.

:lol: Thought I was the only one who noticed.  Fucking hilarious. :lol:

Pards had basically written this game off before it started.  Obviously one eye on Benfica and the other on the 'winnable' games against Fulham and the unwashed coming up. 

very clearly this, some may think its wrong- I respect thier right to this. I agree fully its the right thing to do, but to be having full on tantrums about is laughable.

Writing a game off when we're very deep in a relegation battle is ok?

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Eh? Managers are important and Pardew has been at fault many times this season but he's not the one playing. I can't criticise Pardew for the performances that Cabaye, Anita and Obertan among others put out today.

Guest icemanblue

Pards had basically written this game off before it started.  Obviously one eye on Benfica and the other on the 'winnable' games against Fulham and the unwashed coming up. 

very clearly this, some may think its wrong- I respect thier right to this. I agree fully its the right thing to do, but to be having full on tantrums about is laughable.

Aye.

Eh? Managers are important and Pardew has been at fault many times this season but he's not the one playing. I can't criticise Pardew for the performances that Cabaye, Anita and Obertan among others put out today.

:lol: The players play shit every week and it's not Pardew's responsibility.  Are you on drugs?

Then what on earth is he being paid for?

:lol: Thought I was the only one who noticed.  Fucking hilarious. :lol:

I genuinely thought I was being wooshed but quoted it anyway.