Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

anybody who didnt expect us to go there and go through the motions is incapable of considering the bigger picture.

Big picture being?

benfica games, winnable home games coming up that may have been much harder had we took a number of knocks in this game.

That attitude is completely wrong, and if players who turned out for us with attitudes like that, i would personally stab them with spoons.

The "big picture" implies this group can turn it on/off at will.  Don't think they even know where the fecking switch is!

Which is better for morale ahead of the Benfica match:

1. Giving it our best shot and losing anyway due to the opponent's superiority.

2. Conceding the game, potentially shipping four or five goals to nil but avoiding further injuries.

Pardew's quite clearly gone for option 2 IMO. We'll see if it pays off on Thursday.

anybody who didnt expect us to go there and go through the motions is incapable of considering the bigger picture.

Big picture being?

benfica games, winnable home games coming up that may have been much harder had we took a number of knocks in this game.

That attitude is completely wrong, and if players who turned out for us with attitudes like that, i would personally stab them with spoons.

Agree wholeheartedly. What a shame that the ambition of a Newcastle United follower has come to this.

nope , its because the money man City have spent makes in unfair- thats the real shame.

Big picture being?

can you not imagine the damage it could do to our season if we decided to really take Man city on today, and chased the game?

They're playing football ffs, not going to war.

Guest bimpy474

Big picture being?

can you not imagine the damage it could do to our season if we decided to really take Man city on today, and chased the game?

No, you should chase and want to win every game, that is professional pride number 1, and number 2 you owe it to your fans who have travelled and paid fortunes to follow you.

Don't get the rage, it really isn't surprising at all. Typical Pardew approach, and we're not good enough to hold these guys off. Ok, he should have seen that himself and had a go but fucking hell, what were you expecting?

Effort

Guest hobshobs

Need Shola in for the 2nd half, a real target man....

http://i.imgur.com/UQczWMi.gif

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking please.

Shola will be more effective than Obertan

http://i.imgur.com/e6GeO05.gif

Hard to call they're both a class act like.

Which is better for morale ahead of the Benfica match:

1. Giving it our best shot and losing anyway due to the opponent's superiority.

2. Conceding the game, potentially shipping four or five goals to nil but avoiding further injuries.

Pardew's quite clearly gone for option 2 IMO. We'll see if it pays off on Thursday.

He should rest Cabaye if he wants to avoid injuries.

Everyone: "We're going to lose this game."

Newcastle: *loses game*

Everyone: "ARGH WE DIDN'T LOSE IN THE WAY I WANTED PARDEW OUT SACK ASHLEY"

:lol: Why did I wait so long to come back to matchday threads

Expected us to lose comfortably.

Expected us to make it harder for them.

I may have expected a little more without Obertan, Simpson and Gutierrez at LB.  May as well give up any claim to width.  And they're good enough to make us on a good day look bad regardless. 

We're not even trying.

Big picture being?

The "big picture" implies this group can turn it on/off at will.  Don't think they even know where the fecking switch is!

jesus man, sort yourselves out.

btw I cant reply im off out to pick my lad up, will listen as we surrender on the radio , and be quite happy. :lol: