Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

Last year we made dead the European Champions away from home 2-0; we also buried the Manchester United 3-0, we finished 5th man. This season we have clobbered the European Champions AGAIN 3-2 we are spine-tingling.......

Give ower man Benfica fans. Honestly, who knows where you'd finish; you'd certainly get beat off more than one of these 'poor' sides you keep patronising like Swansea, West Brom etc...... who really gives a shit?

As for the game, fairs fair, you will most likely dick us given the fact that you will field more or less your strongest team and we will field far from ours (amongst other things :lol:.....) but thats life.

"you will field more or less your strongest team"

Are you on drugs ?

Yes but thats another story! :D Just going off what one of them said earlier, "Only so and so missing" but in truth I have no idea. Just another bunch of Johnny Foreigners to me like wor kid.

Last year we made dead the European Champions away from home 2-0; we also buried the Manchester United 3-0, we finished 5th man. This season we have clobbered the European Champions AGAIN 3-2 we are spine-tingling.......

Give ower man Benfica fans. Honestly, who knows where you'd finish; you'd certainly get beat off more than one of these 'poor' sides you keep patronising like Swansea, West Brom etc...... who really gives a s***?

As for the game, fairs fair, you will most likely dick us given the fact that you will field more or less your strongest team and we will field far from ours (amongst other things :lol:.....) but thats life.

So do you think that Newcastle in best form is a better team than Benfica in the best form ?

And we have our 3rd best player injuried, salvio.

Honestly?, whos to say? From what I can gather, Benfica are capable of beating anyone on their day. So too are we. We could beat you, you could beat us. It's all good.

Alan Pardew believes his side will have to overcome one of the "best teams in Europe" in Benfica if they are to reach the semi-finals of this season's Europa League.

"We'll have played two of the best teams in Europe, I think, in Manchester City and Benfica this week."

Is Pardew now a full-on schizophrenic or is this Iberian toad getting fed false quotes/bad translations from his media?

Alan Pardew believes his side will have to overcome one of the "best teams in Europe" in Benfica if they are to reach the semi-finals of this season's Europa League.

"We'll have played two of the best teams in Europe, I think, in Manchester City and Benfica this week."

Is Pardew now a full-on schizophrenic or is this Iberian toad getting fed false quotes/bad translations from his media?

That.

Guest bimpy474

Give ower man Benfica fans. Honestly, who knows where you'd finish; you'd certainly get beat off more than one of these 'poor' sides you keep patronising like Swansea, West Brom etc...... who really gives a shit?

"you will field more or less your strongest team"

Are you on drugs ?

Yes but thats another story! :D Just going off what one of them said earlier, "Only so and so missing" but in truth I have no idea. Just another bunch of Johnny Foreigners to me like wor kid.

Well this is just my opinion but 1st eleven players missing for me would be: Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Tiote, Gouffran, Colocinni......so that's half the outfield team.

Let's tonk these wankers. When I lived in Lisbon, they were crap but still crowing about their glorious history, which was already some decades in the past. They're obviously better now, but the Portuguese league isn't much better than the Scottish Premier -- three decent teams, the rest are cannon fodder. Pardew's correct to appraise them as a mid-table team, if miraculously transferred to the Premier League. Some seasons they'd be challenging for Europe, others they'd be flirting with relegation. Bit like us, really. Probably better than us right now. But still beatable.

And remember, they've only won one more European trophy than we have.

Being catching up with this thread and I don't fancy our chances after being told Benfica beat Arsenal in Eusebio Cup and have been to multiple European finals in the past decades. Hope we can take some energy from our glory in Teresa Herrera and give them even a little fight.

I'm bricking it and hopefully we can keep this tie alive. Still, can't wait for tomorrow.

bit of an extreme way to try and get yourself into the first team changing your name and all but it just goes to show the admiration Pards brings...........or someone was really really really stupid

I think Benfica are a cut above anything we've faced so far in Europe. Anzi were decent, Kharkiv was a tough draw but this lot are in good form and play good football from what I can gather.

Just hope we can keep it tight and nick an away goal or two. My worry is that if we have a bad 20 minute spell tonight then the tie is finished.

Guest neesy111

Is Shark Club any good for watching football? Think I'm going there tonight to watch the match.

Its good but expensive.

Just hope we can keep it tight and nick an away goal or two. My worry is that if we have a bad 20 minute spell tonight then the tie is finished.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking too. I'm excited for this tie but a lot more nervous than I have been for the previous rounds.