Benfica vs. Newcastle United - 04/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

bowlingcrofty

Guest Pablito

Your coach will be in serious trouble now if he loses against us. His speech was poor in my opinion, he said Benfica would be in top 10 in Premier League, I mean... is he comparing us to Swansea, Fulham or West Bromwich? We are talking about a Champions League team, a team that kicked Man United's ass last year, and lost to Chelsea... but playing much better in both matches. We are talking about a club with history in european football.

I mean, as a Benfica supporter I expected a better speech, I guess you deserve a better coach, with a better understanding. I mean even Sporting Lisbon kicked City's ass last year because of these arrogant speeches. Well, as a Benfica supporter I must respect Newcastle, and all of your fans, so I hope you do ok in PL and have a nice stay in Lisbon. I expect a great match, even though EL is not a priority I think Benfica will go to semi finals. That's my wish.

Starting to hope we don't beat you now through fear you will cry and wet your pants a little, man up ffs! :lol:

Man up is putting it lightly, some absolutely terrible reactions man :lol:

Bruno seems the most level-headed of the bunch. :thup:

Why is that? It's just my opinion mate. I think it was a terrible speech. Why rating the opponent before the match? That's something a good coach doesn't do.

Guest Pablito

Your coach will be in serious trouble now if he loses against us. His speech was poor in my opinion, he said Benfica would be in top 10 in Premier League, I mean... is he comparing us to Swansea, Fulham or West Bromwich? We are talking about a Champions League team, a team that kicked Man United's ass last year, and lost to Chelsea... but playing much better in both matches. We are talking about a club with history in european football.

I mean, as a Benfica supporter I expected a better speech, I guess you deserve a better coach, with a better understanding. I mean even Sporting Lisbon kicked City's ass last year because of these arrogant speeches. Well, as a Benfica supporter I must respect Newcastle, and all of your fans, so I hope you do ok in PL and have a nice stay in Lisbon. I expect a great match, even though EL is not a priority I think Benfica will go to semi finals. That's my wish.

Starting to hope we don't beat you now through fear you will cry and wet your pants a little, man up ffs! :lol:

Why should I cry? I would not be that surprised. Newcastle has a good team, and probably your players are well motivated to play the EL this year.

Why is that? It's just my opinion mate. I think it was a terrible speech. Why rating the opponent before the match? That's something a good coach doesn't do.

He said just after the match that we lost 4-0 to the current premier league champions that the game against you will be just as tough.

The Benfica fans on here seem to be a 50/50 split between a bunch of good lads and a bunch of fannies screaming "He didn't say we were the best team ever!!!? why does he disrespect us like this, very poor from your manager, we beat Man Utd before you know!  :'("

As I said, man up.

Guest bimpy474

Saying you could be in the top ten......you deem that to be Swansea, Fulham or West Bromwich. He could have meant that to be Chelsea, Tottenham or Liverpool couldn't he ?

He said just after the match that we lost 4-0 to the current premier league champions that the game against you will be just as tough.

The Benfica fans on here seem to be a 50/50 split between a bunch of good lads and a bunch of fannies screaming "He didn't say we were the best team ever!!!? why does he disrespect us like this, very poor from your manager, we beat Man Utd before you know!  :'("

As I said, man up.

:thup:

Guest Pablito

Guys, you didnt really understand my point. I dont want him to say that Benfica is the best team ever or anything like that. I just think his speech was poor... in terms of mind games I guess. It does not make any sense to rate the opponent team one day before a match. I would say the same thing about our coach. we cannot compare the teams this way, we cannot say Benfica would be in top 5, 10 or 20. It is a different competition really.

Guest bimpy474

Guys, you didnt really understand my point. I dont want him to say that Benfica is the best team ever or anything like that. I just think his speech was poor... in terms of mind games I guess. It does not make any sense to rate the opponent team one day before a match. I would say the same thing about our coach. we cannot compare the teams this way, we cannot say Benfica would be in top 5, 10 or 20. It is a different competition really.

You dont have to listen to speeches all the time, poor you say, on his scale of nonsense it was probably perfectly normal.