Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

Guest neesy111

Typical Pardew. Go 0-1 up and let them back in to it. Get that cunt out & he can take Simpson and Jonas off too. Sick of the pair of them, waste of wages.

MOM - Cabaye, definitely doing stuff.

You're getting boring with this stuff now tbh.

Typical Pardew. Go 0-1 up and let them back in to it. Get that cunt out & he can take Simpson and Jonas off too. Sick of the pair of them, waste of wages.

MOM - Cabaye, definitely doing stuff.

You watching the match? Jonas and Simpson have done well tonight, Simpson especially.

I'd actually take Perch off Bigi. Don't want him on with a yellow against this lot, and I think Bigi is actually much smarter than Perch - who loves to slide tackle too much.

:thup:

How are we? I'm on the train now on my way home from the airport. How are we getting along? Send me a pm anyone who has the power to help a fellow supporter out with some kind of analysis. And let it not be Semtex or Mike.

We're looking good. Decent forechecking from Moose, Marv is playing the PG role like he lives in Orlando and Simpson thinks he's Kaepernick.

:lol: Forechecking :lol: Fucking hell. How was Cisses homerun?

Got the slider off the sweet spot, sent it over the short porch.

Absolutely terrifying first half.

It's 1-1, away at Lissbon. Not too bad at all imo.

I've had 13 heart attacks.

Then just calm down. :thup:

It's about the tie, not just about the match.

Scoreline is pretty great, performance was too until that few seconds when we hit the post and they scored. Since then they've noticably stepped up and we're struggling to cope with their passing and movement.

Pardew needs to tweak things a bit whilst retaining our attacking threat because if we get a foothold in the game again there's another goal for us here.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is. Why have someone like Perch (usually Tiote), if they dont sit in front of the back four where this team are getting space.

Perch just chases it until he's completely passed out of the move. Just sit in the f***ing middle ffs.

Yep, Benfica seem to find space centrally between our midfield and defense all the fucking time unfortunately..

How are we? I'm on the train now on my way home from the airport. How are we getting along? Send me a pm anyone who has the power to help a fellow supporter out with some kind of analysis. And let it not be Semtex or Mike.

We're looking good. Decent forechecking from Moose, Marv is playing the PG role like he lives in Orlando and Simpson thinks he's Kaepernick.

:lol: Forechecking :lol: f***ing hell. How was Cisses homerun?

Got the slider off the sweet spot, sent it over the short porch.

Only guy able to do that. Legend. Hall of Fame next. Roc Nation signing him up next.

Guest Klizsch

Looked easily exposed centrally, maybe Perch and Cabs dont really complement each other that well. Would love to see Cabaye - Sissoko with Marveaux infront of them.  Wonder what Pardew expects from Marv on the wing, he doesnt really achieve anything apart from a few neat touches in the final 3rd.

Overall an enjoyable game. Benfica look more likely to win, think they will edge this. But I have to say I feel a lot of people might have overestimated them slightly.