Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham FC - FT - Post match relief from page 45! :D

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

Why they all ignoring that blatant handball?

Always with us.

Almost making excuses for it, "did he raise his arm". "erm, well... a decision hasn't been given" and that's it :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I hope someone didn't actually nick his keys, like.

When he jumps the barrier i think you see something fly up, in the right of the vid.

Knew Marveaux was down obviously but had no idea Cabaye was struggling too. That whole sequence before and after the goal is class.

I could see them both down but didn't know which one had got up to get the assist because so much was going on.

Knew Marveaux was down obviously but had no idea Cabaye was struggling too. That whole sequence before and after the goal is class.

I could see them both down but didn't know which one had got up to get the assist because so much was going on.

Lazy foreigners!

Only joking TT :aww:

opposite for me, i'd saw cabaye go down after playing keepy up and getting a shot blocked, went down, got up, went back down. didn't know marveaux went down till reading on here.

Was pretty annoyed with Marveaux like, sitting on the deck like that is just asking for the ref to stop the game, which we just didn't need. Fortunately the ref ignored him and we scored but just hobble out of the way man!

Strange game really, Fulham kept the ball for minutes at a time in some passages of play but they rarely looked like scoring. Berbatov is ridiculously good, as is Ruiz. They're a bit of a conundrum though, they just look like they can't be arsed to bust a gut to win. Jol is perfect for them, no pressure, go out and play your football, organised back 4...they should probably do better if anything. And they're all wiley old shits who know exactly what they're doing. But enough about them..

Marveaux & Jonas the pick of the bunch for me today. Jonas was pretty faultless at left back and carried the ball forward well like the Jonas of 2008 at times, whilst Marveaux was making things happen. He's so good at finding the space in between the lines, Cabaye and him link up well in such instances and if Cisse had been a bit more on his game we could have been a lot more comfortable. Gouffran looked in the mood when playing through the middle but the re-shuffle following Santon's injury disrupted him as he was back on the left. Still decent though.

Simpson was alright, he'd be decent back up I suppose but Debuchy would have had a field day today as there was ample opportunity to get forward down the right, but Simpson's end product is nowhere near as good. Taylor & Mbiwa were ok too, Mbiwa's block on Ruiz's chance was pretty impressive. Anita is still a mystery, him & Cabaye isn't going to work in the middle I don't think but he's obviously a talented footballer, maybe he'd be better in a 3. He's a decent attacking right back but not the best defensively.

So we've stole another 3 points, I think you have to credit Pardew today for some positive changes which paid dividends in the end. The squad are dying on their feet though, we need to get through these next 2 games, and if we somehow overturn the deficit on Thursday and win next Sunday you may as well send the bairns to the Hawthornes as I feel we're at a tipping point now

Unusually poetic report from Martin Hardy in the Independent:

When the moment came, when drama engulfed a region, Alan Pardew ran. An explosion of energy took place in the body of Newcastle’s manager as Papiss Cissé, three minutes into injury time, weaved late magic, and meant he had to move, quickly. So he ran. He ran with the wild abandon of a happy child, arms outstretched, screaming in relief, over an advertising hoarding and into the arms of supporters who were  delirious. Not happy, delirious. He was engulfed, and he did not move.

Further down the line, in a corner of St James’ Park, Cissé also ran, jumped a barrier and hugged a man, and then another man, and then more men. Moussa Sissoko, from Le Blanc-Mesnil on the outskirts of Paris, raced to join him, as did Adam Campbell, from North Shields. Sylvain Marveaux lay prone in the penalty area with cramp. Yohan Cabaye limped to join the celebrations that were everywhere you looked after whacking his foot in a tackle. In the stands, energy crackled like lightning, a roar from the well of the stomachs of 51,000 Geordies, creating a cacophony of noise.

This is what relief looks and sounds like. Chaos reigned around the Newcastle dugout. Clenched fists. Roars. Hugs that squeeze the life out of you. High fives. Kisses. Probably. That was from the staff. Pardew was dragged from the crowd by a steward, like a molested rock star, tucking his shirt into his pants. Two more stewards were ushering Sissoko, Campbell and Cissé back from the hearts of supporters. Cissé stopped when he made the pitch and looked to the stands in wonderment, at what, who knows? His goal, which was excellent? The fact it was the third home game running he has won in injury time? Or at the ferocity of the reaction?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-1-fulham-0-match-report-papiss-cisss-late-goal-sends-pardew-into-delirium-8563447.html

Unusually poetic report from Martin Hardy in the Independent:

When the moment came, when drama engulfed a region, Alan Pardew ran. An explosion of energy took place in the body of Newcastle’s manager as Papiss Cissé, three minutes into injury time, weaved late magic, and meant he had to move, quickly. So he ran. He ran with the wild abandon of a happy child, arms outstretched, screaming in relief, over an advertising hoarding and into the arms of supporters who were  delirious. Not happy, delirious. He was engulfed, and he did not move.

Further down the line, in a corner of St James’ Park, Cissé also ran, jumped a barrier and hugged a man, and then another man, and then more men. Moussa Sissoko, from Le Blanc-Mesnil on the outskirts of Paris, raced to join him, as did Adam Campbell, from North Shields. Sylvain Marveaux lay prone in the penalty area with cramp. Yohan Cabaye limped to join the celebrations that were everywhere you looked after whacking his foot in a tackle. In the stands, energy crackled like lightning, a roar from the well of the stomachs of 51,000 Geordies, creating a cacophony of noise.

This is what relief looks and sounds like. Chaos reigned around the Newcastle dugout. Clenched fists. Roars. Hugs that squeeze the life out of you. High fives. Kisses. Probably. That was from the staff. Pardew was dragged from the crowd by a steward, like a molested rock star, tucking his shirt into his pants. Two more stewards were ushering Sissoko, Campbell and Cissé back from the hearts of supporters. Cissé stopped when he made the pitch and looked to the stands in wonderment, at what, who knows? His goal, which was excellent? The fact it was the third home game running he has won in injury time? Or at the ferocity of the reaction?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-1-fulham-0-match-report-papiss-cisss-late-goal-sends-pardew-into-delirium-8563447.html

i can hear stuart halls voice throughout it.

"Moussa Sissoko, from Le Blanc-Mesnil on the outskirts of Paris, raced to join him, as did Adam Campbell, from North Shields."

Not entirely sure this is relevant, like ;D

To highlight how the predictable passion shown from a local lad is replicated by someone with no connection to the area at all, and thus showing the togetherness of the club?

I think it's a nice little piece tbh; amply articulated the total hysteria of the goal.

Guest firetotheworks

I hate writing styles like that from sports journos, it's utterly pretentious.

Aye, although I often enjoy doing the same before a fifa match by saying "now is the time for the forces of football to reunite" when I'm playing a mate. I'm popular, as you can imagine.

A win which was absolutely vital for the club's survival in the PL and deserved because of the failure of the officials to spot the blatant pen when Rise armed the ball round the post from Gouffran's header.

Very very late, but a great time to score and Cisse took the chance brilliantly.....a pity he doesn't get more of them.

Delighted for the players who kept going right to the end and persistence paid off, even if there weren't many clear chances created - most of them were basically though scrambles in front of goal although Anita was unlucky with his deflected effort on to the bar.

Krul made a season-saving save from Berbatov which could have altered the whole game - he possibly kept the club in the PL with that stop.

Together with the mackems going down at Chelsea, this result gives us a vital breathing space....3 points now should keep us up and after QPR dropped late points to Wigan, they are virtually down and only one place is left to fill - win next week and we are almost there.

None of this alters my views about the manager, but we need to stay in the PL and I was as pleased as anyone else that we made it.