Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Team doesn't really match Pardew's talk this week does it.

Was hoping Pardew was bluffing about our tactics. Couldn't think of opposition who are better at letting a game peter out with 15 minutes left at 0-0. They will keep possession, dive, roll around and cheat like the Dickens if we get to that stage :lol:

I'm not saying gung-ho from the off, but we need to have urgency in our attacking play (ie. with numbers!) from the off.

Urgency is not something i see from that line up, all i can see is keep the score down.

God i hate him. :(

Was hoping Pardew was bluffing about our tactics. Couldn't think of opposition who are better at letting a game peter out with 15 minutes left at 0-0. They will keep possession, dive, roll around and cheat like the Dickens if we get to that stage :lol:

I'm not saying gung-ho from the off, but we need to have urgency in our attacking play (ie. with numbers!) from the off.

Thing is he could've picked a gung-ho team. They started slowly in either half last week and with the crowd behind us we could really build some momentum. That selection, and I say this as a Pardew acolyte, stinks.

Guest hydeous

That can't be right. That's completely ridiculous. Is Perch out injured? And Marveaux?

Is Pardew completely bonkers? What the absolute fuck?

Guest benfiquista
http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/E3/E3688ACA-C821-47DE-8587-490319E04EB3/Presentation.Large/Lesser-spotted-eagle-scaring-off-a-magpie.jpg

Guest bimpy474

He's said in the press he's keeping it tight first half, totally expected.

Which we will fail to do with that team i would think.

It's a disgrace of a team lets be fair.

We did have a chance, i know why some on here call him a coward now, that's a white flag team that.

He's a complete coward imo. Fuck the derby frankly, it looks so small time, prioritising it over this game. The bull shit he's spouted this week as well.

:sadnod:

I suppose all those people who wanted us to play a weakened team are getting their wish.

The inclusion of Williamson and Bigi (who I like) is tantamount to throwing in the towel. How on Earth does he expect Mike Williamson of all people to deal with their forwards?

Before going on about all those who wanted a weakened team, who actually picked it?

Thing is he could've picked a gung-ho team. They started slowly in either half last week and with the crowd behind us we could really build some momentum. That selection, and I say this as a Pardew acolyte, stinks.

In a humourous role reversal, I'm waiting to see how we start. :lol: Don't know the details of why people are/aren't starting.

Anyway, howay Cisse! Rediscover your Midas touch!

Bigi I'm not so worried about, Williamson is the major clanger here.

If he's playing Bigi for the first time in yonks when Marveaux is fit and available then I have big issues with it.

You're right about that, bear in mind Marveaux was sat on his arse and couldn't move towards the end of the Fulham game though.

Bigi shouldn't be there ahead of Marveaux but I trust Bigi to play well. Williamson will be a disaster like he has all season long.

Boring. Figured it would be something like this, wish Pards wasn't such a boring, conservative c*** all of the time.

If I were you I wouldn't think like that. Going all in could be a dead sentence for you.

We could just find a healthy middle ground, but that's usually too much to ask.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I actually don't mind it. It's a risk to rely on the second half to get both goals, but it could work.  :undecided: