Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Team doesn't really match Pardew's talk this week does it.

Was hoping Pardew was bluffing about our tactics. Couldn't think of opposition who are better at letting a game peter out with 15 minutes left at 0-0. They will keep possession, dive, roll around and cheat like the Dickens if we get to that stage :lol:

I'm not saying gung-ho from the off, but we need to have urgency in our attacking play (ie. with numbers!) from the off.

Thing is he could've picked a gung-ho team. They started slowly in either half last week and with the crowd behind us we could really build some momentum. That selection, and I say this as a Pardew acolyte, stinks.

In a humourous role reversal, I'm waiting to see how we start. :lol: Don't know the details of why people are/aren't starting.

Anyway, howay Cisse! Rediscover your Midas touch!

Marv and Perch are on the bench, so I don't think fitness is that much of an issue.

Mike Williamson, man  :scared:

Guest GloriosoSLB

i don't think that Pardew is being contradictory...he said he'll wait until the last 20minutes to score and u'll have to be patient

Krul

Simpson Williamson MYM Haidara

Bigi Cabaye

Anita        Sissoko  Jonas

Cissé

Nice to see Haidara back, but not sure about moving Cabaye forward, and any positive is negated by Mike f***ing Williamson.

Could be this?  :dontknow:

Guest bimpy474
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/i'm%20out%20of%20here/grand/dog-im-out-of-here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1382.gif

The one game where you think there's no way we can do anything but go for it, and he manages to find a way not to.  I mean we need to win by two at least and we need the crowd behind us.  So his plan is to spend 45 minutes worrying about Benfica and in turn frustrate our own fans into silence, he's like some kind of backwards genius.

He's not exactly playing much of a weakened team - who has he rested that he could have started? Not many.

Depends how fit/fucked Perch and Marveaux are. Those are the only ones really.

It's Williamson's inclusion which has turned us all emo :lol:

He's not exactly playing much of a weakened team - who has he rested that he could have started? Not many.

That's what I thought like - Perch for Willo (not exactly a huge difference) and Marv playing probably the only real options.

All very well saying we should go all out attack but lose an early goal or 2 and it's finished...

:clap:

Pardew is going to be treated as some sort of super genius if we win this when the truth is only a miracle will win us this.

Yep, whatever the result of the match is this team selection is beyond ludicrous

Not playing Marv is unforgivable and makes no sense whatsoever.

It really is a fucking pisstake, the more I think about it. He was absolutely crucial to our attacking dominance at the weekend.

I can see him just wanting to fuck off at the end of the season tbh.

Can only assume that Perch and Marveaux aren't fully fit. :undecided:

Why put them on the bench? Never understood the logic of benching someone who isn't ready to come on if there's an injury 30 seconds.

I agree, but managers do it all the time. Pardew being among them.