Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Meanwhile in Chelsea...

Kris Cheshire: "Winning Champs League and Europa League in consecutive years is like winning the Premier League and then being relegated."

:pilko:

Talk about needing a reality check, what a spoilt moron.

Guest hatem garrincha

No difference between Perch and Williamson imo.

My only concern is Marveaux, but they haven't their stonger team neither.

Bike Mike has had some good games for us in the past, let's hope today is one of these days.

He can be ok against big slow strikers with no movement, but tonight we'll be facing the complete opposite of that.

Let's look for the Williamson positives.

1) He wasn't too bad last season when Colo was in great form, if MYM plays well it might let Williamson play his half decent game.

2) Williamson and Colo had no pace as a partnership so were often destroyed by a quick player, that won't happen with MYM.

3) ...

1) He wasn't too bad last season when Colo was in great form, if MYM plays well it might let Williamson play his half decent game.

2) Williamson and Colo had no pace as a partnership so were often destroyed by a quick player, that won't happen with MYM.

3) ...

Basically what you are saying is MYM needs to have the game of his life :lol:

No difference between Perch and Williamson imo.

My only concern is Marveaux, but they haven't their stonger team neither.

They're totally different players.  Neither one is much better overall, but they certainly have very different strengths and weaknesses.  Against a mobile quick strike force only one remotely fits the bill, and it isn't Williamson.

Don't think it's that bad considering the options we have. Little to separate Williamson and Perch and as Beren said, Williamson is better poised to deal with Cardozo should be come on.

Jonas to offer protection to Haidara in his first match back. You won't know whether the latter will do just fine after that tackle.

Bigi and Anita to cover the defence, freeing Cabaye to do some damage. He's more creative than Sissoko anyway.

Ben Arfa isn't match fit, keep him for the last 20-30 mins if we need a goal.

Only sticking point is Marveaux. But then you can argue that Jonas may be a better option for reasons above.

Wonder how Williamson's self-esteem is holding up. No game since January, often not even in the squad, and now starting in a European quarter-final. :laugh:

Oh god.. we're going to see THAT set piece again aren't we? :lol:

3) ...

Basically what you are saying is MYM needs to have the game of his life :lol:

:whistle:

MYM: Eh Pardieu, so is Colo back, will he be playing with me in the quarter-final...

AP: Erm, no

MYM: Oh, well, we're not perfect but me and Saylor are developing okay.

AP: Well, Saylor is actually in the treatment room...

MYM: What!? Perch?! Against Benfica... this is not good...

AP: Perchinho is on the bench.

MYM: http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean-l.png

If he needs, needs, needs to play a defensive-minded player in the middle then I'm going to bang this drum again - play Jonas in that role and put Marveaux out wide where he's at least on the pitch in an advanced position.  Marveaux is not on the pitch anywhere near often enough.

Yanga-Mbiwa will get injured tonight. The stars are aligning. Williamson has risen from his grave like a phoenix.

Willo last minute goal from a corner to make it 2-0. Nailed on. Like a phoenix from the ashes, he shall rise among the melee of bodies and thump in a header into the top corner from the penalty stop as the crowd erupts and the whistle blows for the bookable infringement of Williamson entering the opposition box in a competitive European tie.