Benfica or mackems. Which is More Important?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only question to ask is whether to safe some players for the mackems or not, maybe substituting some at half time, if we are not leading.

For me there it is all about the Benfica game. Mackems come and go, and league position is safe enough, but a european cup run, with an actual shot at a title! Fucking hell, we should prioritize the shit out of that Benfica game, having everyone bleeding, bandaged and still fighting at 90th minute.

I could make arguments for both but I can't decide so I'm not voting. :lol: I'd absolutely love to progress in Europe and get to another away trip if possible. In terms of league survival though we really need points from the mackem match.

Win both. :snod:

Getting past Benfica for me. We could lose against Sland and would still have 5 games left to pick up the 1 win I think we'd need. The thought of beating the drop by say 6 points at the expense of a euro semi final doesn't appeal as much as beating the drop by a couple of points and getting to the semi.

Not saying it wouldn't be squeaky bum time mind.

I couldn't handle work if we didn't beat Sunderland. They are unbearable fans and I would enjoy nothing more than crushing them and hopefully sending them into the drop zone.

This. It's Sunderland man, we're at home. They simply can't be beating us.

toon fan i work with said he'd be happy to get relegated if we won the waffa...wasn't sure what to say to that

his argument was that he's seen us relegated but never see us win a major trophy in his life :lol:

All day for me.

Yep, but we should be able to do both so its really irrelevant to me.

Guest icemanblue

I really don't know. I think we can get through tonight, but we're unlikely to win the whole thing. So, for that reason, I'd be more inclined to choose beating the mackems, guaranteeing our safety and putting them reet in the shite.

Remember how much we fought for the European place and how proud we were of the team. Seems silly to not throw everything we have at it.

Best chance of my lifetime of a trophy (other than the FA cup finals when I was 7/9).