Newcastle 1 - 1 Benfica - 11/04/13 (2 - 4 on agg) - post-match reaction from p60

Dave

Guest bimpy474

cant believe some of the twisting in here, If we went gung ho for 90 mins we would go out no doubt about it- this way I guarantee we will attack them hard for the last half hour and they will crack.

Orly ? :lol:

yes

Fine, just checking.

It hasn't been terrible or pathetic. It's been conservative but that was the gameplan so you'll just have to like it or lump it. They've been dangerous and we rode our luck once but that was going to be the nature of the game.

We've shown bursts of promise and although there doesn't appear to be anyone capable of carving a chance now - we've got a lot of creativity on the bench. I still think we can win this.

Exactly, either some people are thick as shit or they're deliberately choosing to whinge for no reason. 

Our combination play is practically non-existent. We're looking for one single quarterback-type pass to open them up, and that won't work.

Perhaps the masterplan is to bring on a bit of skill with Marv and Benny with 20 minutes to go.

'

Guest bimpy474

cant believe some of the twisting in here, If we went gung ho for 90 mins we would go out no doubt about it- this way I guarantee we will attack them hard for the last half hour and they will crack.

I can't remember us EVER going gung ho under Pardew for 45mins, let alone 90. It simply doesn't happen, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree a bit there.

:snod:

Important thing is not to concede early, that would kill it.

Looking a bit better now.

:lol:

Don't see what's so funny about that.

Well, you and Pardew seem to share the same half a brain and it was also funny that you just popped up when the game had become slightly more bearable from NUFC's point of view.  On 40 minutes, when we tried to attack.  In a game we need to win 2-0.

We could have easily conceded there, it's not down to Pardew's tactical nous that we didn't.  Yet we offered nothing going forward.

We've knocked it around well in fits and spurts, but the two players who can burst past a player and force the ball behind the defence are on the bench. Providing we're still in it, and they come on soon, we've every chance of scoring two goals. Bigi is obviously the most expendable.

At the start of the night, Benfica had to survive 90 minutes without conceding 2.

Now thanks to Pardew's tactics, that's been reduced to 45. Brilliant. We didn't even try that half ffs. First shot of any description was on 41 minutes when Bigirimana rolled it back to their keeper. How the merry fuck are we supposed to score if we're not even having shots?

Woeful.

It hasn't been terrible or pathetic. It's been conservative but that was the gameplan so you'll just have to like it or lump it. They've been dangerous and we rode our luck once but that was going to be the nature of the game.

We've shown bursts of promise and although there doesn't appear to be anyone capable of carving a chance now - we've got a lot of creativity on the bench. I still think we can win this.

Exactly, either some people are thick as shit or they're deliberately choosing to whinge for no reason. 

Piss off.

Guest Bruno_SLB

Enjoyable first half guys. Benfica is playing good, controlling the game until the last 15 minutes. If Gaitán scored that easy goal we could be with one foot in the next stage already... but Benfica usually likes to make us suffer a little bit.

Hope you guys dont's score first, because if you do, it will be a really hard second half.

The offside goal has actually given me some hope. That run timed half a second better and we would be in a pretty good position right now.

Hope Ben Arfa and Marveaux are fit enough for a good run out second half.

Agree on all points.

Guest Klizsch

Haidara and Sissoko have been tremendous, imo. Bigi has to go off, cant believe how he actually got picked for this.

Cabaye looks knackered :/

Oh, and the return of the set penises. That seems to be our game plan. Keep it tight at the back and score from a set penis.

Because THAT'S worked so well this last TWO FUCKING YEARS, hasn't it Alan?