Newcastle 1 - 1 Benfica - 11/04/13 (2 - 4 on agg) - post-match reaction from p60

Dave

We are good, just need to get bigi off for Hatem.

We are?

We got better in the last 5 minutes, but dear me, saying we are good is laughable.

Get Benny and Marv on. It's all we got left of European football let's see what those two can do with Sissoko.

Krul

Simpson        Willo        Mbiwa      Had

Perch

Ben Arfa          Cabaye          Jonas

Sissoko          Cisse

Now

cant believe some of the twisting in here, If we went gung ho for 90 mins we would go out no doubt about it- this way I guarantee we will attack them hard for the last half hour and they will crack.

It hasn't been terrible or pathetic. It's been conservative but that was the gameplan so you'll just have to like it or lump it. They've been dangerous and we rode our luck once but that was going to be the nature of the game.

We've shown bursts of promise and although there doesn't appear to be anyone capable of carving a chance now - we've got a lot of creativity on the bench. I still think we can win this.

Guest bimpy474

cant believe some of the twisting in here, If we went gung ho for 90 mins we would go out no doubt about it- this way I guarantee we will attack them hard for the last half hour and they will crack.

Orly ? :lol:

Important thing is not to concede early, that would kill it.

Looking a bit better now.

:lol:

Don't see what's so funny about that.

:lol: It's important not to concede at all

Whey obviously, I was responding to all the whinging about containment and negativity.

Still in it.

Massive task to win this half 2-0 but where there's life there's hope. no excuses for not having a fucking good go at them this half though, we've got precisely nothing to lose and may as well go out fighting if it comes down to it.

Orly ? :lol:

yes

Bigi played the best and second best ball of the half, okay there isn't much competition but it was a class ball. Two poor touches mean fuck all tbh. Cabaye is class and has played some abysmal balls.

I can't remember us EVER going gung ho under Pardew for 45mins, let alone 90. It simply doesn't happen, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree a bit there.