Questions to put to Pardew

bowlingcrofty

Guest neesy111

I think the main four are:

1. Why to we approach games in such a negative way? We regularly start a game worrying about what the opposition are doing rather than letting them worry about us.

2. How are you going to address the issue with us sitting deep whenever we take the lead in a game? Is this down to your tactics or the players?

3. Surely we must have a greater plan B than simply bringing on Shola?

4. Do we practice set pieces? We haven't scored a goal from a corner since Ba's header against Wolves away in 2011. How to you aim to address this?

:thup:

Why do you persist with poor performing players instead of giving other a chance? For example why is Tiote playing ahead of Anita or Bigi?

Why does Obertan play ahead of Marveaux, Abeid, or a fit Ben Arfa?, repeat this question but replace Obertan for Jonas.

Why does Shola play ahead of Campbell?

Why did Ranger play ahead of Campbell when Ranger was at the club despite you saying he would never play for the club again?

Why were Sammy and Ferguson loaned out when Jonas and Obertan were playing on the wings?

Why was Ferguson loaned out when we had injuries at LB and RB?

Pardew told the Chronicle: “All we need to do is get over the line.

“I don’t care if we finish one from bottom, I really don’t.

“If we can get over the line, our fans know we have a good group of players.When everybody is fit and we can get one or two new signings in there we are a top-10 team.

Alan, you appear to be on smack. Are you on smack?

Does he see Sissoko playing in the role he is now long term, and if not why is he persisting with it now the initial impact has worn off?

Good one, mainly the first part I guess.

The local journos all say this is a temporary measure to get us through this season so I guess that is what Pardew has told them.

Really? Any respectable ones? I'm dumbfounded at that, he probably doesn't think Sissoko's adapted to the league enough to play a deeper role, or something along those lines.

Oh, what the hell:

How hard do you need to be slapped to realise that a gameplan based on physically out-working the opposition is unsustainable over the course of the season and the team should learn how to play football too to cope with the demands of playing football (yes, sometimes even twice a week!)?

I think the main four are:

1. Why to we approach games in such a negative way? We regularly start a game worrying about what the opposition are doing rather than letting them worry about us.

2. How are you going to address the issue with us sitting deep whenever we take the lead in a game? Is this down to your tactics or the players?

3. Surely we must have a greater plan B than simply bringing on Shola?

4. Do we practice set pieces? We haven't scored a goal from a corner since Ba's header against Wolves away in 2011. How to you aim to address this?

Sums up what I was thinking very nicely

“If we can get over the line, our fans know we have a good group of players.When everybody is fit and we can get one or two new signings in there we are a top-10 team.

Finishing one from bottom will mean we get relegated, Pards.

;D

Best. Post. Ever.

What are your long term plans for Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye? because to me it seems like all 3 are being misused.

Is it true we only spend one day on attacking training? if so why is this and are their any plans to change this?

Why are we so negative and deep? when it seems like the team are not comfortable in sitting back and absorbing pressure and seem much more suited to controlling a game and pushing a team back?

Why do we persist with long ball when the ball just comes back time and time again?

Why is there so little movement off the ball? Is there any plans to try and fix this?

Everyone knows about the Corner situation, is there any plans to practice some new routines?

Hopefully they actually will listen to some constructive criticism :lol: some how i doubt it.

;D

Best. Post. Ever.

:thup:

Genuine lol moment

what lessons have you learned from this season and how do you intend to avoid the same issues again.

Should we qualify for Europe again soon can you and your team better cope with the thursday-sunday routine

What the hell has happened to Tiote

1. How do you respond to the accusation that you are merely another long-ball manager?

2. Given that much of the modern game relies on ball-retention, do you consider it a problem that we seem to surrender possession too easily?

3. Are we likely to see a more exciting on-the-deck style of football next season, given the technical quality of the players we have recruited?

4. How do you intend to overcome the team's inability to score from set pieces?

5. Given where we finished in the league this season do you foresee any problems with our better players wanting to move to a more successful team?

6. We seem to be more concerned with stopping the opposition playing than imposing our own style of play on them, like all of the best teams in any league do. Do you consider this to be a fair view of your approach?

Oh, and finally.....please leave you piss poor excuse for a football manager.

Guest neesy111

I remember sending about thirty questions into the Chronicle when Souness did one of these. :lol:

I still remember Souness saying he was the most attacked minded manager in Newcastle's history in a Radio interview. :lol: