Alan Pardew

Mike

Wrong about Marveaux, of course, but at least he's prepared to call a spade a spade when it comes to Shola and Jonas. Every other cunt seems happy to pretend they're decent footballers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mick-quinn-delivers-end-of-season-verdict-3903943

Mick Quinn in the Chronic blaming everyone bar Pardew and claiming we need to bin off Anita and Marveaux!?!?

f*** me, man. Just so far from being right.

The only thing he got right in that whole piece was Shola and Jonas, love em both but they're spent, time to move on. I think his arse is too full of Pardew cock to think straight.

Wrong about Marveaux, of course, but at least he's prepared to call a spade a spade when it comes to Shola and Jonas. Every other cunt seems happy to pretend they're decent footballers.

Fair point, although I think Jonas would be a useful squad player.

Pulis is exactly the type of coach Pardew needs to help him develop. Will also help with corners and FKs. Should offer him an assistant manager position. Might tempt him....

:lol:

For once I agree with the inane childish use of a smiley here. WTF man !!

This is even worse :lol: Childish use? He was making a joke I believe.

Is the North East unique in how insistent it is in relying on the opinions of 70s and 80s footballers for journalism?

Course, there's definitely an argument to be made that modern footballers are no better but to me they all just come across as pathetically out of touch.

says a lot about the league when someone who's had 2 pre seasons with us is the 2nd longest serving manager

What does it say?

the short termism of it all, perhaps this is just a bad year for it with the increased money but nobody's getting time any more, first hint of failure the money men panic and shove guys out the door, Pulis is unsurprising considering style and spend over a prolonged period but Mancini sacked for finishing 2nd? Could he not have been given another chance given he was under 0 pressure from the fans and did win the league last year? Adkins sacked after a draw away at Chelsea and 2 promotions in a row? Brian McDermott sacked despite working with a championship side after very limited investment? And I can't see it improving any time soon with the cash only going up and boardrooms getting dumber in how they run clubs and panicking about the loss of prem/champions league revenue instead of having plans in place to cover such an eventuality, honestly think Wenger is the last of the really long term manager's we'll see for quite a while

I agree with you, I just wanted someone else to make the stability argument.

There is definitely a case to me made for questioning why so little patience is being shown to managers. Giving them a fair crack of the whip to succeed at many clubs doesn't seem to have happened. The ownership and fans of the clubs want success and the biggest barrier to this they often see is the manager. Ferguson is the poster boy (well old red faced git actually) for stability, Moyes and Wenger too help the argument and it's sometimes too simple a solution to just jettison the man in charge and expect things to instantly get better, if they don't get rid of the new guy too, repeat until they get it right.

Not that that has any bearing on our current situation because it's pretty damn clear to anyone takes a close look at us that the problems we have stem from our manager and that the underlining structure, financial side, scouting network, academy set up is on the right lines, we just need someone in charge that fits our system rather than works against it.

Aye Jonas is limited in the extreme these days but I wouldn't be moving him on. More than worthy of a squad position.

He's not used as a squad player though, he's the first player on Pardew's team sheet because he runs backwards very willingly.

Guest Dontooner

It's an interesting blog but not an actually decision for Ashley. He might agree to add one or two players of Pardew's choosing but he will never get rid of Carr after the job he's done.

I think this conflict between the players and Pardew's 'preferred style' is a bit exaggerated at times.

The "preferred style" and the players obviously don't match, if we had barton Carrol Best and Nolan back we would not had fought relegation this year.

Isn't your ass bleeding from sitting on the fence everyday or do you actually enjoy it. Its nice to have someone make the thread running and

engaging  people in here. While some of your post makes me think you are a WUM trying to get a response.

Pulis is exactly the type of coach Pardew needs to help him develop. Will also help with corners and FKs. Should offer him an assistant manager position. Might tempt him....

Did the fact that he said he was joking only two posts up point you in that direction. FFS.

Did the fact that he said he was joking only two posts up point you in that direction. FFS.

You seem very tense.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mick-quinn-delivers-end-of-season-verdict-3903943

Mick Quinn in the Chronic blaming everyone bar Pardew and claiming we need to bin off Anita and Marveaux!?!?

To go from fifth to 16th in the space of 12 months is appalling.

Awful article on the whole, but it's amazing that people are allowed to publish stuff like this. It's like reading something a 10 year old would do.

To go from fifth to 16th in the space of 12 months is appalling.

Awful article on the whole, but it's amazing that people are allowed to publish stuff like this. It's like reading something a 10 year old would do.

Standard practise to write out 1-9 in number form, and anything higher in text. [/lookatmeistudiedjournalism]

Surely it can't be true? he hasn't been around longer than Moyes or Wenger?

I have some news for you about David Moyes, I'll tell you once you let me know what it's been like living under a rock for the last few weeks.