Alan Pardew

Mike

It's interesting him coming out and naming the players he wants (Remy & Bent)... Sounds like a first move of a game of chess between him and JFK...  Ball in JFK's court to deliver as AP takes a back seat... He certainly began manoeuvre to corner him (JFK) in his first interview...

Guest icemanblue

I just want to know what constitutes 'falling for it'. As far as I'm aware, we won't actually see if his words have any meaning until the season kicks off, right? Or did I miss several pages of congratulations on a Champions League placing in the 13/14 season? :lol:

Fa·lling·for·it

/ˌfow'linˈfowa'rit/

Adjective

An inability to regulate your exposure by, before making it past the headline, consigning any quotes to the bin marked 'Mind Control'.

:lol:

Well thank god for insightful posts like this to keep us all right.

You're the most gullible person on here.  :lol:  You spent all or most of the last season swallowing the shit Pardew threw at us and you're doing the same again, you read his first quotes and you're straight in with "I found that interview pretty reassuring although I expect mocking for saying so on here."

The only thing you got right was that you'll get mocked.

Aside from the sentiment of that interview (which contains more of his meaningless claptrap) I decided he was a useless cleft some time ago. He has the first 5-10 games to prove me and those who matter spectacularly wrong imo.

Yeah I was just about happy enough with the fact if we're doing well, he stays and so be it, and if we were doing crap he wouldn't see far past September/October. Now though I genuinely think if Pardew is sacked we're going to be stuck with Kinnear as manager.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that cunts fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Yep.

The Europa League stuff was infuriating, but it's nothing new. We already know how he feels about it, it's pointless continuing to chastise him for it; the rest of what he's said is actually quite positive (actions speak louder than words, I know). Hopefully that's the last of it and we can all just move on.

Load of nonesene as this also affects our future.

Don't want European football? Then fuck off back to clubs like West Ham and Charlton.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that c***s fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Yep.

Guess we'll see just how provoked JFK is by Pardew's early manoeuvring when he gets back.

If he feels only slightly shafted, or that Pardew has downplayed his new DOF role too much, he's unlikely to be able to contain himself.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that c***s fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Is that not him just doing what he always does and getting the excuses in early?  He did it all last season and it doesn't matter who he wants or wanted if he can't get the best out of who he's got or had.

I would've let you quote me if you had wanted... :lol:

Is that not him just doing what he always does and getting the excuses in early?  He did it all last season and it doesn't matter who he wants or wanted if he can't get the best out of who he's got or had.

Yeah, because when he's trying to get his excuses in for when Joe doesn't get him what he wants, naming the two most atainable and yet least supporter friendly strikers out there is the most obvious choice.

Christ on a bicycle, lads. :lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

Yeah I was just about happy enough with the fact if we're doing well, he stays and so be it, and if we were doing crap he wouldn't see far past September/October. Now though I genuinely think if Pardew is sacked we're going to be stuck with Kinnear as manager.

If Kinnear is appointed manager mid-season (somehow) i really think they'll be a downturn for ST's next year, especially with the 3 year deal to end aswell.

There's already been talk with the people i go to the match with (and at work) that if nothing improves they'll be jacking it in, and i think alot of people will be in the same boat and seriously assessing it; which isn't a good start with Kinnear-gate II...

I mean, we've got no ambition at all and the owner clearly doesn't give a f*** aslong as he gets his own way (which is normally wrong football-wise) for starters... :(

You just know this will end bad. Real bad.

first bad result we have it's hard not to envisage every single reporter in the country hounding JFK for quotes stitching pardew up like...even if he's not playing the mouthpiece he's been the last few weeks they all know he's a disaster waiting to happen and will literally just have to talk to him for the fireworks to start

You just know this will end bad. Real bad.

first bad result we have it's hard not to envisage every single reporter in the country hounding JFK for quotes stitching pardew up like...even if he's not playing the mouthpiece he's been the last few weeks they all know he's a disaster waiting to happen and will literally just have to talk to him for the fireworks to start

On the other hand, if results and performances are even half decent, it won't really matter what JFK says, so maybe Pards should just get on with his job and the headlines will look after themselves.

Guest Roger Kint

Twitter's gone into a mini-meltdown.  Seemingly he's come out and said MYM is a full-back?!

That the quote where he said we have solid cover all across the back now with Hairdara and MYM coming in January? Some people will do anything to whinge if so :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Twitter's gone into a mini-meltdown.  Seemingly he's come out and said MYM is a full-back?!

Plays blinding there tbf.

Was probably our best player(not difficult but...) against Arsenal

Aye he's decent there but on the other hand we have Tavernier, who sees himself as a full-back getting wedged in by Pardew at centre-half and MYM in the opposite scenario.

We've also had Perch wedged in as a centre mid, Gouffran used as a left winger, Cabaye as a defensive mid and Sissoko as a number 10 ffs.  He's a fucking muppet.