Alan Pardew

Mike

Luke Edwards is talking utter s***.

Normally I'd agree, I but wouldn't be too sure this time.

Mike Ashley has the power to sack him like he always has done, JFK has no power, he can advise but there's not a chance he can just sack the manager on a whim.

Luke Edwards is talking utter s***.

Normally I'd agree, I but wouldn't be too sure this time.

Mike Ashley has the power to sack him like he always has done, JFK has no power, he can advise but there's not a chance he can just sack the manager on a whim.

Ashley trusts him for some daft reason so have no doubt if JFK says sack him and put me in charge (which he will) it will happen

True or not the whole thing is a recipe for fucking disaster.

The fact Llambias - previously Ashley's right hand man and one of the most odious characters ever to be associated with the club - felt he had to resign is testament to this.

2 games in Pardew resigns due to lack of backing and Kinnear takes over. He then has a heart attack, Carver steps in does shit and gets the boot, Stone replaces him but does just as bad. We appoint local hero Harper with 8 games to go and he takes us down.

Nah, that'd be mental :lol:

2 games in Pardew resigns due to lack of backing and Kinnear takes over. He then has a heart attack, Carver steps in does shit and gets the boot, Stone replaces him but does just as bad. We appoint local hero Harper with 8 games to go and he takes us down.

:lol:

Then Clark brings us back up against all odds, starts brilliantly to then be sacked 8 games in and replaced with Curbishley as we needed more experience.

True or not the whole thing is a recipe for fucking disaster.

The fact Llambias - previously Ashley's right hand man and one of the most odious characters ever to be associated with the club - felt he had to resign is testament to this.

Ashley is the biggest drama queen in the history of English football, constantly backstabbing and playing games with people to prove he's a ruthless owner.

Then Clark brings us back up against all odds, starts brilliantly to then be sacked 8 games in and replaced with Curbishley as we needed more experience.

I've always thought the only logical reason Ashley didn't sack Pardew at the end of the season, is due to the idea (fact?) that because of the 8 year contract he has, there would be substantial compensation to be paid. There is no other logical reason. He certainly deserved to be sacked. Unfortunately it didn't happen , although I've no doubt it will if we get off to a bad start which unless we sign 2 or 3 players seems very likely. What comes next will no doubt not be very pretty, but the quicker we start with the cleansing the better.

. There is no other logical reason. He certainly deserved to be sacked.

thats your opinion but ... Pardew got a clean sweep of the 'Manager of the Year' awards 12 months before ... and Ashley probably realises he didn't fund (aside from Anita) transfers last summer, so, since we weren't relegated, is willing to give him another chance to prove himself.

Pardew had a disappointing season and didn't meet his targets. He overachieved on his targets the previous year, giving himself a little extra breathing space. If he had got us relegated he deserved to be sacked. Since he didn't (just...) he deserves another shot, but if Oct/Nov we really look like its another season of battling relegation, I'm expect Ashley will sack him

There has to be a little loyalty, a little long-term thinking and continuity ... Or, we are like Chelsea (the most successful Premiership club in the last 10 years) changing manager every season. Ok by me, if we invest in bringing in managers that are probably in the top 5 (or at least 10) in the world, as Chelsea tend to (not always with Grant and Di Matteo, I admit)

no Europa fiasco, usual quick exit from the domestic cups......so why do we need more players says Ashley, we can just finish 5th again and maybe buy someone then???????????

He doesn't want to finish 5th because then we'd have to actually add to the squad. Rather finish 15th, sell someone for nice profit, get a cheaper replacement in and enjoy the Premierleague tv money.