Alan Pardew

Mike

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-is-still-one-of-the-stronger-tactical-managers-in-premier-league/

Alan Pardew Is Still One Of The Stronger Tactical Managers In Premier League

When reading through the Saturday morning paper, I stumbled across the possible line-ups for Saturdays game. Rated doubtful was Yohan Cabaye (unsettled) one of the strangest ‘injuries’ I have ever heard. I can see this transfer saga not been settled until deadline day due to that been the way with our club, nothing is ever as simple as it first seems.

AP0004_alan_pardew_newcastle_united_nufc_770Many fans have rightly pointed out that this summer has similarities to the summer preceding Keegan’s departure (We even play Hull at home in September again would you believe) which has led me to think Pardew does not have long left in the St James hot-seat, whether he walks or is sacked.

I must stress that I fully realise that Pardew has not had the backing from many fans since the debacle of the Liverpool and Mackem home games of last season. Those who will be throwing parties, thinking all our recent problems will disappear, are simply living in a fantasy land.

Pardew is still one of the stronger tactical managers in the league, evidenced on Saturday when he had to go 4-4-2 with Shola to ensure we had an outlet upfront (he didn’t against the same team last May and as a result we barely had a chance). Had Ben Arfa or Cisse been on form we probably would have won the game but fans continue to blame tactics.

Those who criticise Ben Arfa are also arguably in the wrong, as they seem unable to understand it’s a two way street with the french genius, as for every wonder-goal (Bolton, Blackburn) you have to allow him a game like Saturday where he was clearly off form.

Clearly neither Pardew, Ben Arfa or anyone at the club can be perfect all the time, but I feel some of the criticism of Pards comes from ignorance and picking the wrong enemy, rather than factual evidence. The main skill Pardew lacks that most other managers in the top flight have, is something that has nothing to do with what goes on during a game.

His PR skills are pretty poor, most managers come across well in post-game interviews and generally say the right things (if they don’t, the media pounce on them). This is why I hear some of my mates saying things such as “I hate Alan Pardew what a w*****”, but when I challenge them on what, specifically causes them to hate him, they can’t come up with anything he does during a game or anything related to football.

I am not pinning him up as the greatest manager we have ever had, obviously he is about as successful as the type of manager we usually employ, but he has now had 100 games and this can only help build a more stable club. I understand some of the fans concerns with him, but put it this way, who could we get that could do a better job right now, because like every other club Newcastle will appoint a manager in a huge hurry if Pardew goes.

I wouldn’t want a Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce type manager who for the most part are only still in the premier league due to their reputations as past players. Ashley won’t have the clout or ability to persuade a Laurent Blanc or Claudio Ranieri to join the Toon, he will probably be tossing a coin to see who gets it out of Joe Kinnear and Dennis Wise.

Either way, our club is not in a great state but changing managers quickly into a season has never brought any success before, would it now?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the fuck is this bullshit bingo cunt?  Fuck off Jack Lacey-Hatton, you utter pleb.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/play-a-midfield-3-of-cabaye-tiote-jonas-to-save-newcastle/

If Pardew is so good at tactics, y u telling him to change them m8?

Guest Phil K

You've posted in the comments on that Mag article :lol:

Did I ? Don't recall.

Have done in past but not recently.

Too depressed to care these days

Guest Phil K

Did I ? Don't recall.

:lol: It was 13 hours ago.

I do post on several forums, as no doubt most here.

It's not unusual as Tom Jones once said....  ;)

Did I ? Don't recall.

:lol: It was 13 hours ago.

I do post on several forums, as no doubt most here.

It's not unusual as Tom Jones once said....  ;)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPQPN9YJCvOjWJ06RpzIbrZtvzW83mok6Hw3uNR1PHuBXVbYrq

Guest Phil K

Slag.

That'd be Sewelly :lol: Phil K is Widdecombian in his chastity by comparison.

edit: that's a word now.

I'd use it - Anne Widdecombe. Wow what a body

Guest Phil K

The revolutionary 4-4-2 with a target man.  Incredible tactical nous on show there.  He did innovate by using it with no wingers I suppose.

Not only no wingers but fullbacks on their wrong side :lol: man is a crazy genius tbh.

Can't recall ever being so depressed about a season so bloody early, though

The problem with pardew is that his tactics are designed for players such as Carroll and Nolan but the team had moved on since then. Its amazing that we were able to do so well in the season before last but that was in part due to wondergoals from Cisse and others

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-is-still-one-of-the-stronger-tactical-managers-in-premier-league/

Alan Pardew Is Still One Of The Stronger Tactical Managers In Premier League

When reading through the Saturday morning paper, I stumbled across the possible line-ups for Saturdays game. Rated doubtful was Yohan Cabaye (unsettled) one of the strangest ‘injuries’ I have ever heard. I can see this transfer saga not been settled until deadline day due to that been the way with our club, nothing is ever as simple as it first seems.

AP0004_alan_pardew_newcastle_united_nufc_770Many fans have rightly pointed out that this summer has similarities to the summer preceding Keegan’s departure (We even play Hull at home in September again would you believe) which has led me to think Pardew does not have long left in the St James hot-seat, whether he walks or is sacked.

I must stress that I fully realise that Pardew has not had the backing from many fans since the debacle of the Liverpool and Mackem home games of last season. Those who will be throwing parties, thinking all our recent problems will disappear, are simply living in a fantasy land.

Pardew is still one of the stronger tactical managers in the league, evidenced on Saturday when he had to go 4-4-2 with Shola to ensure we had an outlet upfront (he didn’t against the same team last May and as a result we barely had a chance). Had Ben Arfa or Cisse been on form we probably would have won the game but fans continue to blame tactics.

Those who criticise Ben Arfa are also arguably in the wrong, as they seem unable to understand it’s a two way street with the french genius, as for every wonder-goal (Bolton, Blackburn) you have to allow him a game like Saturday where he was clearly off form.

Clearly neither Pardew, Ben Arfa or anyone at the club can be perfect all the time, but I feel some of the criticism of Pards comes from ignorance and picking the wrong enemy, rather than factual evidence. The main skill Pardew lacks that most other managers in the top flight have, is something that has nothing to do with what goes on during a game.

His PR skills are pretty poor, most managers come across well in post-game interviews and generally say the right things (if they don’t, the media pounce on them). This is why I hear some of my mates saying things such as “I hate Alan Pardew what a w*****”, but when I challenge them on what, specifically causes them to hate him, they can’t come up with anything he does during a game or anything related to football.

I am not pinning him up as the greatest manager we have ever had, obviously he is about as successful as the type of manager we usually employ, but he has now had 100 games and this can only help build a more stable club. I understand some of the fans concerns with him, but put it this way, who could we get that could do a better job right now, because like every other club Newcastle will appoint a manager in a huge hurry if Pardew goes.

I wouldn’t want a Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce type manager who for the most part are only still in the premier league due to their reputations as past players. Ashley won’t have the clout or ability to persuade a Laurent Blanc or Claudio Ranieri to join the Toon, he will probably be tossing a coin to see who gets it out of Joe Kinnear and Dennis Wise.

Either way, our club is not in a great state but changing managers quickly into a season has never brought any success before, would it now?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the f*** is this bullshit bingo c***?  f*** off Jack Lacey-Hatton, you utter pleb.

The Mag article you posted backs up my recent comments about modern NUFC fans' knowledge of football.

The writer is typical of the lowered expectations brigade who have fallen for the club line 'we can't do any better than Pardew '....yadda yadda.....

Not even his staunchest supporter would claim that he has tactical nous.  Dude must be having a laugh.

He's just another thick fan who has got to see his name in print due to the fanzine outlet. Ironic that he has ago at other fans for not being able to support their arguments when he has written a half page article praising Pardew's tactical knowledge without giving any supporting reasons.

What's also absurd about the way he raved about our defensive show post match (because quite frankly he was grasping for anything positive to squark about) was that Nolan was unmarked for a free header and should have scored and twice West Hame punted the ball down field only for the ball to bounce in the pen area and a couple near misses again for West Ham. Top defending my arse.

The folly of the Arsenal bid too. For weeks he was going on about speculation being great for Cabaye's ego, talking it up then suddenly a bid comes in and the bloke is mentally crippled. Honestly you couldn't make it up :lol: