Alan Pardew

Mike

Rename it to Pards please. Bit more jovial.

:lol: Is he well liked enough for a nickname atm?

Are you well liked enough for a nickname atm?

Rename him to Michael please.

:lol: Fucking Ouch.

:lol: As if the next manager thread won't go 2400 pages and end with us hiring a new manager that we hate.

How many pages has the Southampton site gone to on its 'Pochettino Out'' thread...?

You are obviously in the Southern media's 'NUFC fans are fickle' camp....

Apparently on 450k annually + incentives before he signed that 8 year contract. I doubt the new one is likely to be significantly higher considering Ashley has been bitten twice over compensations to Keegan and Allardyce. For the same reason, it will be hard to believe Ashley does not hold the cards with that contract; he'll likely have an escape clause of sorts with minimal compensation should he sack Pardew. If Pardew was so sure of a fat paycheck when he walks, he would not have been sweating like a pig before the January signings and results were poor.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-pay-off-from-newcastle-united-1503097

One year's compensation according to article. Less than a mil?

The only reason I thought he would escape the boot in the summer is because he'd get seven years worth of wages.

If there's a clause in place that Ashley only has to pay a million or so he has to go. Aside from the top six, Newcastle have arguably the best squad in the league. It's a shame to see such negative play from a clueless manager.

I still have a feeling you'll do Liverpool tomorrow though. Hope I'm right.

http://www.themag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ManagersTable1.jpg

2012 data. Shouldn't be that hard to upgrade the manager if we pay not that significantly higher. Considering one league position is close to 1m payout, we should be able to pay more to get a manager to suit the playing style of the players we have.

If we are going to get rid it needs to be the second we are mathematically safe to give us the maximum time to sort a replacement out. I'm very wary of getting rid without a plan in place to replace him. We've seen what happens when you get rid of someone and don't have an option in mind, yes i'm looking at you Souness. I'd be very nervous trying to get a replacement ten or fifteen games into next season as others have said.

Someone reminds me this.  Would any decent manager willing to be our manager given only 1 year compensation upon sacking?

Why not?  A decent manager wouldn't be planning on getting sacked.

Someone reminds me this.  Would any decent manager willing to be our manager given only 1 year compensation upon sacking?

I'm not sure many managers (or more importantly their agent) would think like that though.

That's the thing like - you want someone with enough arrogance and confidence in their own ability to be willing to take the opportunity without the security of a big payout if they mess it up.

Someone a bit like Pardew really. But preferably with the experience and skills to back it up.

He needs a strong performance here after the debacle in the derby and if we roll over or are steamrolled today then the knives really will be out. We need 3 points but it'll be very tough against this lot and a point would see edging almost to safety.

I'm not sure many managers (or more importantly their agent) would think like that though.

probably right,  football management seems to be the only job that's sees you get handsomely rewarded for failure,  how much have the likes of fat sam, hughes, McLeish etc pocketed for doing crap jobs....

Any clause would be one of the last things talked about and might even be only picked up when reading the small print.  I would be very surprised if it became a deal breaker.