Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm not sure many managers (or more importantly their agent) would think like that though.

Any clause would be one of the last things talked about and might even be only picked up when reading the small print.  I would be very surprised if it became a deal breaker.

I really can't see it given how much money is usually involved (normally millions).

Even if they are the best manager in the world they may have a falling out (Mourinho at Chelsea for example).

That's the thing like - you want someone with enough arrogance and confidence in their own ability to be willing to take the opportunity without the security of a big payout if they mess it up.

Someone a bit like Pardew really. But preferably with the experience and skills to back it up.

Pardew didn't come here from a strong position.  I would think that he would have taken almost any job as he was doing nothing.  That said, I don't think his wage will be as low as some think because he's had a new contract since first joining the club and was in more of a position of strength to get a better deal.

The deal we think Pardew has isn't that bad as he will always get £2 million when sacked or 12 months salary, depending on what the clause is.  Pardew has been here for 2 1/2 years and he's the 7th longest serving manager in the league so I doubt too many are going to worry about the clause.  He's going to get more now if he leaves than he would have if he'd signed a 3 year contract when first brought in.

I really can't see it given how much money is usually involved (normally millions).

Even if they are the best manager in the world they may have a falling out (Mourinho at Chelsea for example).

We're both guessing and we don't know what clauses other clubs have in contracts.  I've never heard of a manager refusing to join a club because of a contract clause.

Hope he is given the boot if/when we are statistically safe from relegation. Otherwise his legacy will eventually be the guy who was responsible for failing to show the best of the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko et al in a Newcastle shirt.

Those players will probably be retrospectively be adjudged to have never been that good in the first place and overrated by the fans, by some, of course. :razz:

I imagine any properly advised manager would look at and carefully consider every clause of his contract. His severance terms would be pretty high on a list of things to look at..

I would think every clause would be looked at, I doubt that the compensation clause would be high on a list.  If it is then you're looking at the wrong person for any job.

I imagine any properly advised manager would look at and carefully consider every clause of his contract. His severance terms would be pretty high on a list of things to look at..

I would think every clause would be looked at, I doubt that the compensation clause would be high on a list.  If it is then you're looking at the wrong person for any job.

But with the frequency of us sacking managers, with none of them going on to bigger and better things afterwards, Id want to make sure Im looked after.

But with the frequency of us sacking managers, with none of them going on to bigger and better things afterwards, Id want to make sure Im looked after.

That's the crux we've gone through so many mangers it's going to be on the agenda for anyone but the most foolish.

That's the crux we've gone through so many mangers it's going to be on the agenda for anyone but the most foolish.

Only 17 managers in league football have longer service than our manager.

Only 17 managers in league football have longer service than our manager.

That's also a statistical anomaly for us, since Keegan took over in 92 only him, Bobby and Pards have lasted more than two full calender years. Whoever comes will be thinking about it, simple as.

Can't imagine for a second that Ashley would give him 8 years pay if he got sacked.

There will be an already agreed fee, especially after the Keegan affair.

IMO It won't even be a factor when it comes to sacking him.

Can't imagine for a second that Ashley would give him 8 years pay if he got sacked.

There will be an already agreed fee, especially after the Keegan affair.

IMO It won't even be a factor when it comes to sacking him.

Aye it'll have more clause's than christmas.

You learn from those mistakes, you have to, that’s part of the process of managing a big club.

This is only our third year back in the Premier League, so you can’t say we have been here for 10 years and we have got it all nailed down. We haven’t.

Has this narc'd anyone else? Going on like we spent an age in the lower leagues. It was one season. Aye, you can't say we've been in the Premiership for 10 years, but we have for 9 of the last 10.

You learn from those mistakes, you have to, that’s part of the process of managing a big club.

This is only our third year back in the Premier League, so you can’t say we have been here for 10 years and we have got it all nailed down. We haven’t.

Has this narc'd anyone else? Going on like we spent an age in the lower leagues. It was one season. Aye, you can't say we've been in the Premiership for 10 years, but we have for 9 of the last 10.

yes it did but everything he says now is ridiculous and we could be here all day taking the p*ss (and some of us are). better just to give up and avoid his interviews.

Guest strongbow69

:anguish: he,s such a negative depressing bastad,

we just need mike ashley to do the right thing now  :yikes:

That's also a statistical anomaly for us, since Keegan took over in 92 only him, Bobby and Pards have lasted more than two full calender years. Whoever comes will be thinking about it, simple as.

Since Keegan first came as manager we've sacked managers every 3.5 years on average, others have been caretakers or walked.

Can't wait for the latest masterclass from Pardiola today. Go 1-0 down early on, sit Cabaye in front of the back four, sit back for 60 minutes, bring on Gosling for Cabaye and Shola for Sissoko, struggle to string passes together. Then he brings on Ben Arfa with 10 minutes to go. The players don't move, so he does nothing.

Post-match, Pardew blames the lack of Europa football, the negativity from the stands and the giant orange thing in the sky. Oh well, onwards to QPR....

Can't wait for the latest masterclass from Pardiola today. Go 1-0 down early on, sit Cabaye in front of the back four, sit back for 60 minutes, bring on Gosling for Cabaye and Shola for Sissoko, struggle to string passes together. Then he brings on Ben Arfa with 10 minutes to go. The players don't move, so he does nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/FtNUT2o.gif

Since Keegan first came as manager we've sacked managers every 3.5 years on average, others have been caretakers or walked.

How does that work when Bobby and Kev are the only two that have done more than 3.5 years.

Souness - 1.5 years - Sacked

Fat Sam - Less than a year.

Chris Hughton - 1 - 1.5 year depending on when you start it from.

Pards - Currently about 2.5 years

Soccer Saturday lot just been talking about Pardew fast losing the support of NUFC fans and saying it was completely justified. Makes a change from the usual stuff the  media peddle.

About time.

No goals scored from a corner this season.

60 goals conceded in 34 league games.

Joint lowest away wins in the league.

Second lowest away points in the league.

Only 2 wins by more than 1 goal (one of which was against a side playing with 10 men for 80 minutes).

4 last minutes winners equating to 8 points of our 37 point total (more than 21%).

And we're still only 8 points off 8th. This league is pathetic and this clown is relegating the best squad we've had in 10 years.

I've not even mentioned the derby.

Got a feeling today will be the day that he properly gets it from the fans. First home game since the shambles that was the derby and if Liverpool score early on then it'll be poisonous.