Alan Pardew

Mike

Got a feeling today will be the day that he properly gets it from the fans. First home game since the shambles that was the derby and if Liverpool score early on then it'll be poisonous.

It's too important a game, I think the fans will give the team great support personally, we have a good set of supporters in that regard. If we are getting beat with time running out then things might turn though.

Guest Dontooner

If we get thumped 3 goals and above, can see the crowd turning on him.

Hope he gets the boot asap, the thought of him abusing our players next season is just depressing.

We're not safe yet and that should be the main consideration. The fans should let go only when we are safe.

Just doesn't work like that, though.

Wouldn't blame the fans if they do boo, just concerned what effect that will have on the players when there's still survival to play for.

Deep inside, I hope Pardew and the board eventually knows how we feel about this season though.

Got a feeling today will be the day that he properly gets it from the fans. First home game since the shambles that was the derby and if Liverpool score early on then it'll be poisonous.

I can only imagine it being outright poisonous if we're doing rubbish against a rubbish side at home. Can't see it being particularly bad facing Liverpool & Arsenal unless we get pasted in a very timid fashion.

But for Cisse's last minute winners against Stoke/Fulham, I reckon they had more of a chance of creating some beeews.

I can only imagine it being outright poisonous if we're doing rubbish against a rubbish side at home. Can't see it being particularly bad facing Liverpool & Arsenal unless we get pasted in a very timid fashion.

But for Cisse's last minute winners against Stoke/Fulham, I reckon they had more of a chance of creating some beeews.

We weren't losing those games though, and more importantly we hadn't lost at home to Sunderland before those games. I don't think we'll get any booing in this game unless we go behind and are still losing with time running out. That's when the possibility of relegation might start sinking in.

Guest neesy111

I'm getting behind the team, but if turns into a shambles then I'll be volleying a load of abuse at Pardews way.

The rumblings have been there for a while now though and the pressure's on. Just got a feeling SJP will go up tonight.

How does that work when Bobby and Kev are the only two that have done more than 3.5 years.

Souness - 1.5 years - Sacked

Fat Sam - Less than a year.

Chris Hughton - 1 - 1.5 year depending on when you start it from.

Pards - Currently about 2.5 years

It works by basic maths, 21 years since Keegan was first appointed divided by the number of sacked managers who are since that date, Dalglish, Gullit, Bobby, Souness, Allardyce and Hughton.

21 / 6 = 3.5, if Pardew was sacked now it would then become 21 / 7 = 3

Looking back you did say that we'd gone through so many managers which is slightly different to what I was looking at, but we've had 8 managers who were here as caretakers or short term and not actually under contract.  Keegan resigned twice, although one was later found to have been constructive dismissal, you would have to think that a new manager would be aware of our setup and agree to it in future.  Roeder was said to have resigned although that is debatable as he was still paid compensation.

I'm not trying to dismiss that a clause could be a problem, I just don't think it would be that much of a priority for an incoming manager who I think would have higher priorities.  We’re a big club as far as status goes because we’re thought of as one by most people in the game.  We have a decent squad of players and that would be a big selling point.  Ambition would probably be a negative as ours seems to be staying in the division but you would think the ambition would change if we were after a replacement, if not, why change?

It's too important a game, I think the fans will give the team great support personally, we have a good set of supporters in that regard. If we are getting beat with time running out then things might turn though.

I agree, I think 2 or 3 goals and it will change during the match because we'll have nothing to lose.

Guest neesy111

I think "Sack the fraud" could be sung with considerable gusto. Certainly gets the feelings over.

Media would probably pick it up as board and then ridicule us.

:sadnod:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast
http://www151.lunapic.com/do-not-link-here-use-hosting-instead/136706760080965?2204789594