Alan Pardew

Mike

Absolutely pig sick of him talking up other teams. I have absolutely no idea how that is meant to galvanise the players. It will just make them wary, defeatist and negative - just like the man himself. It's worrying how much his comments rub off on the squad; it happened all last season, namely with the Europa League bullshit excuse.

We've got good players capable of taking the game to the opposition. I fail to see how we would become complacent if he actually gave a bit of fighting talk. Aye, Nolan's said much the same in the other camp, but with Pardew it's every fucking interview.

‘It is a privilege to have managed Newcastle for 100 games. It’s been a joy and tough but that is what football management is. It’s not an easy business.

‘This has been a particularly poor week but you get that. We have to sort ourselves out and make sure we are ready to rumble in the 37 games left.

‘We will be ready to go and hope to get a win against a West Ham team who, on paper, have improved considerably from last year.

37 seems optimistic when there are so many teams he himself says we can't compete with.

Not sure adding Downing = improved considerably if i'm honest.

How far back do you have to go to get 10 NUFC managers who've reached 100 games?

How far back do you have to go to get 10 NUFC managers who've reached 100 games?

A fair way I'd say

Keegan

Robson

Mcfaul

Jim smith

Arthur cox

Bill mcgarry

Joe Harvey

Struggling after that

Cannot believe this kernt got us to 5th with the negativity he creates, even Krul was whinging about Europe getting in the way last season that Pardew complained about.He bigs up other teams and i honestly believe the players go out to stop the opposition instead of trying to enjoy themselves  :huff:

‘It is a privilege to have managed Newcastle for 100 games. It’s been a joy and tough but that is what football management is. It’s not an easy business.

‘This has been a particularly poor week but you get that. We have to sort ourselves out and make sure we are ready to rumble in the 37 games left.

‘We will be ready to go and hope to get a win against a West Ham team who, on paper, have improved considerably from last year.’

37 seems optimistic when there are so many teams he himself says we can't compete with.

:lol: What an inspirational character to have around the place.

‘We will be ready to go and hope to get a win against a West Ham team who, on paper, have improved considerably from last year.

Not sure adding Downing = improved considerably if i'm honest.

gives them in theory 2 good crossers of the ball on either wing with Jarvis and with Nolan to pick up the scraps from loose defending as we know full well he can they are a dangerous side. Limited in overall scope but I have no doubt it will be effective.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They haven't given him any support what so ever for a second summer in a row. He's right to talk up other teams because we've been disgraceful & that's not his fault. He doesn't commission the signings or lack of.

The players will be feeling it too - nobody wants to break their back for such an ambition less, pathetic regime. They'll be jealous of Norwich & Southampton & West Ham etc etc

They haven't given him any support what so ever for a second summer in a row. He's right to talk up other teams because we've been disgraceful & that's not his fault. He doesn't commission the signings or lack of.

The players will be feeling it too - nobody wants to break their back for such an ambition less, pathetic regime. They'll be jealous of Norwich & Southampton & West Ham etc etc

Doesn't make Pardew less shit though..

Guest chopey

That is Pardews problem, his lack of backbone and total inability to stand up to people above him, he is a weak character and proves it in every interview he gives to the point that he even defends the people who make his job harder than what it should be .

The sooner he is paid off the better

He's like a kid (sorry kids) who just got new toys, but instead of learning how to use them he wants new ones. c***!

By saying that, i don't mean that we don't need new players, but he should do much much much better

with what he's got right now the clueless clown.

He's like a kid (sorry kids) who just got new toys, but instead of learning how to use them he wants new ones. c***!

By saying that, i don't mean that we don't need new players, but he should do much much much better

This is a good post.

A lot of people are overlooking the 20+ million spent in January and how it's been utilised on the pitch.

I remember being over the moon when we got all them players in, I even foolishly thought we'd kick on and make it to mid table!

This is a good post.

A lot of people are overlooking the 20+ million spent in January and how it's been utilised on the pitch.

I remember being over the moon when we got all them players in, I even foolishly thought we'd kick on and make it to mid table!

Yep, I fell for it. I was prepared to give him time up to the Reading game. After that game was the first time I really turned against him. Then the rush of signings came in and results picked up a bit. We were progressing in the Europa League and I even thought the tactics at home to Benfica were what were needed.

Sunderland and then Liverpool was what did it for me though. No turning back after that. He needs results and us in and around 6th-8th after 6 or so games for me to potentially give him a chance.

‘We will be ready to go and hope to get a win against a West Ham team who, on paper, have improved considerably from last year.’

Indeed - sick of him doing this.

This is a good post.

Yep, I fell for it. I was prepared to give him time up to the Reading game. After that game was the first time I really turned against him. Then the rush of signings came in and results picked up a bit. We were progressing in the Europa League and I even thought the tactics at home to Benfica were what were needed.

Sunderland and then Liverpool was what did it for me though. No turning back after that. He needs results and us in and around 6th-8th after 6 or so games for me to potentially give him a chance.

The Chelsea game showed what we're capable of on our day. Even the games against Arsenal and Man U away we showed some really good signs even though we lost with big numbers.

:rant: Big the opposition up, always adjust and prepare the team after the opposition (let's forget our own game)

This is a good post.

The Chelsea game showed what we're capable of on our day. Even the games against Arsenal and Man U away we showed some really good signs even though we lost with big numbers.

Couldn't agree more, we always look better when we push up and press.

Remember the how aggressive we were against united when we beat them 3-0?

This is a good post.

Aye, and some positive signs against Man City at home when we went for it and pushed and pressed up the pitch.

This is a good post.

Aye, and some positive signs against Man City at home when we went for it and pushed and pressed up the pitch.

Personally speaking i can take the losses on the chin when we go out and actually look to win the game.

It's when we go out with a wimper and don't even try to beat the opposition is what gets my goat.

Put all the bullshit aside and it's 11 vs 11 at the end of the day.

Guest Bert Shaft

A lot of people are forgetting the 20m quid spent last January should have spent last summer.