Alan Pardew

Mike

He threw his toys out of the pram over finances? No alarm bells there for anyone?

Good point but i'd rather a manager stood up to owners than let himself get bummed. Ashley wouldn't appoint Poyet if he stands up for himself.

Yeah, but we have Ashley, that's the thing. So if the manager makes too much of a fuss he'll just be sacked. And chaos.

Hence why i'm sticking with Pards, at least he's half coping with it off the pitch at the moment even though he knows things are f***ed up, just now his job to get things right on the pitch starting with tomorrow.

hold on, hold on, you should probably flesh this out a bit with some facts

Keegan walked out on him, took him to court and won. Fairly factual, Ashley's way or the highway.

He threw his toys out of the pram over finances? No alarm bells there for anyone?

Good point but i'd rather a manager stood up to owners than let himself get bummed. Ashley wouldn't appoint Poyet if he stands up for himself.

Yeah, but we have Ashley, that's the thing. So if the manager makes too much of a fuss he'll just be sacked. And chaos.

Hence why i'm sticking with Pards, at least he's half coping with it off the pitch at the moment even though he knows things are f***ed up, just now his job to get things right on the pitch starting with tomorrow.

Keegan walked out on him, took him to court and won. Fairly factual, Ashley's way or the highway.

so totally the opposite of what was said and what i bolded then?

EDIT: HA! you cut the important bit with a sneaky edit

Ashley would have sacked him regardless if Keegan walked or not. Keegan kicked up a fuss and chaos was caused from high up. That's what Ian was implying, Ashley wouldn't allow a manager to come in and do things his way, if he tried, like Keegan wanted to, he's gone, that simple.

or anyone else who would object to the current transfer policy so that narrows it down to who? who the hell would work under these restraints because I sure as hell can't see Poyet doing it

I don't even know if your talking about me or Ian now, i certainly haven't edited any quotes or bold markers?

Ashley would have sacked him regardless if Keegan walked or not. Keegan kicked up a fuss and chaos was caused from high up. That's what Ian was implying, Ashley wouldn't allow a manager to come in and do things his way, if he tried, like Keegan wanted to, he's gone, that simple.

ian can imply whatever the fuck he likes, but ashley sacked allardyce for being shit and signing people on mental contracts, keegan walked, and he sacked hughton because they wanted their own man in...and that's the sum of that really

ian can imply whatever the f*** he likes, but ashley sacked allardyce for being s*** and signing people on mental contracts, keegan walked, and he sacked hughton because they wanted their own man in...and that's the sum of that really

Own man? He appointed Hughton!

Guest bimpy474

or anyone else who would object to the current transfer policy so that narrows it down to who? who the hell would work under these restraints because I sure as hell can't see Poyet doing it

Aye that's the million dollar question, i think it would depend on who they approach (assuming it isn't JFK) and what that manager demands to take the job. No one then :lol:

Even if you leave the question of sacking/walking out aside, chaos at the top of the club is never going to help anyone.

I know this sounds silly now, as we've managed to achieve chaos and keep Pardew by appointing JFK, but I think the point about suitable managers is still valid.

I don't even know if your talking about me or Ian now, i certainly haven't edited any quotes or bold markers?

i apologise, is there a quote limit?  'cause i quoted you where you'd quoted the bit i bolded then in what i quoted my post was gone...thought you'd done some sneaky EDIT

my apologies sir

ian can imply whatever the f*** he likes, but ashley sacked allardyce for being s*** and signing people on mental contracts, keegan walked, and he sacked hughton because they wanted their own man in...and that's the sum of that really

suppose i meant a man he owns then...still, you're wrong...

Aye that's the million dollar question, i think it would depend on who they approach (assuming it isn't JFK) and what that manager demands to take the job. No one then :lol:

quite frankly he's the only one I could see taking it since every other scenario involves working under JFK and that seems like a dealbreaker to me

Even if you leave the question of sacking/walking out aside, chaos at the top of the club is never going to help anyone.

I know this sounds silly now, as we've managed to achieve chaos and keep Pardew by appointing JFK, but I think the point about suitable managers is still valid.

we don't have a suitable manager now, so i agree, valid

Guest bimpy474

quite frankly he's the only one I could see taking it since every other scenario involves working under JFK and that seems like a dealbreaker to me

Unless it was a young English manager like Lee Clark (the pull of his home town club) or so other young manager/foreign manager wanting to get into the Premiership, i think you're right.

He owned Hughton, he was just a yes man exactly the same, i'm not really sure where you are going with your point here? If he wanted Hughton sacked, he should of upgraded, instead he just side stepped, some would argue downgraded.

Poyet's out of work, why wouldn't he come? The question is would Ashley want him? Considering he's suing his former club for wrongful dismissal, probably not. So I guess we'll just keep fiddling on with a scout in France and a manager from the 1990's.

I genuinely think it would be hard to find a worse manager than pardew at the minute. It's at the point of actually insanity now,  he hasn't the first clue what he is doing

Hate to say it but I think you are in a classic downward spiral of crippling pessimism, bolstered by often plausible but ultimately false realities that I fear you believe are all too real in their consequences.

You are at a stage now where I sadly fear there is no escape from your Pardew focussed dysphoric state as this forum just provides ample opportunity to maintain depression through constant defeatist re-enforcement and  excessive rumination.

Poyet's out of work, why wouldn't he come? The question is would Ashley want him? Considering he's suing his former club for wrongful dismissal, probably not. So I guess we'll just keep fiddling on with a scout in France and a manager from the 1990's.

because he could wait and get a better job elsewhere, he won't be short of offers when sacking season begins.

He owned Hughton, he was just a yes man exactly the same, i'm not really sure where you are going with your point here? If he wanted Hughton sacked, he should of upgraded, instead he just side stepped, some would argue downgraded.

Clearly Hughton had developed an aspect of his character that Mike didn't like. A spine probably.

I genuinely think it would be hard to find a worse manager than pardew at the minute. It's at the point of actually insanity now,  he hasn't the first clue what he is doing

Hate to say it but I think you are in a classic downward spiral of crippling pessimism, bolstered by often plausible but ultimately false realities that I fear you believe are all too real in their consequences.

You are at a stage now where I sadly fear there is no escape from your Pardew focussed dysphoric state as this forum just provides ample opportunity to maintain depression through constant defeatist re-enforcement and  excessive rumination.

.. also referred to as "REALITY".

hard to say, hughton seemed a half arsed effort that worked, obviously we now know that llamblias had huge influence and pardew is his mate so you have to assume (!) that llamblias was a major influence in events and told ashley (who clearly knows nothing, or cares less) that pardew was the man, which he then bought after the 5th and gave him a massive contract

llamblias is now gone, and kinnear suggests pardew will follow

Fuck all the long words - we're shit, it's his fault.

Copyright DV.

because he could wait and get a better job elsewhere, he won't be short of offers when sacking season begins.

Wouldn't be too sure of that like.