Alan Pardew

Mike

You find it insane to suggest Pardew "would do better" (your words) if he could buy his own players, really? Last summer he asked for a full back and got a dimunitive defensive midfield player unsuited to his preferred style of play and who he clearly still doesn't rate or trust. This summer he has asked for Premiership experience and has mentioned specific names: Carroll, Bent and Downing. All players who were available and have transfered from one club to another. The Bent saga specifically suggest we were never seriously in for him. The club is deliberately ignoring his requests and going for what they perceive as bargains regardless of position and fit to the manager's style of play. Under these conditions, how can you be surprised the manager fails? If it was the other way around, i.e. we had Laudrup as manager but only bought Stoke type players, I'm pretty certain you would see the point I'm trying to make..

He's bought his own players at every club he's been at before he came here and his record of being a poor manager can be seen by everybody. 

Why is he all of a sudden, going to get better at it here?

He doesn't make teams better and that can be seen from his record, if you want to ignore what he's doing here.  He's not a good manager and that is unlikely to change.

The last thing the club needs to do is give a shit manager like Pardew more power over anything, he's hopeless and people wanting him to well is going to change nothing.  The best thing that could happen would be for him to turn into the manager some deluded fools think he is and all of us wished that he was, it's almost certainly not going to happen so he needs to go.

Poyet is bookies favourite ahead of Kinnear. FWIW.

It's a logical choice but Ashley has a logic all of his own. If he can't work until his court case is settled that might explain why Pards hasn't been sacked yet. JFK is the insurance policy in case he walks. This is all desperate speculation here mind, so don't pull me up on it.

Yeah, its interesting, I would have thought Kinnear would have been favorite. Other than Poyet being out of work I'm not really sure what links him to us more than anyone else.

He was approached before JFK last time round. He's spoken to Ashley a few times already. I think he'll be in when Pards goes.

I hope you're right. Some light at the end of the tunnel at least.

Still can't believe the daft sod abandoned that 433 never to go back to it, that's definitely when Alan Pardew jumped the shark as NUFC manager.

When does the shark eat him?

Not sure but in terms of his NUFC tenure:

The series continued for seven years after Fonzie's shark-jumping stunt, with a number of changes in cast and situations.

7 years. :anguish: Seems he will see out his contract after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

It feels like we're sitting back, refusing to be taken to the cleaners and waiting until the selling clubs have no other choice but to deal with us (like with HBA). And waiting for the last few days where players become available and other deals break down. Hopefully we'll see some action next week/on deadline day.

From January 2011!

Nauseating bit by Fat Sam in the Evening Standard on Newcastle.

It's a free paper in London, and every Friday evening I forget his fat face is in there, and every single Friday evening without fail he pisses me off with some self promoting bollocks. Insufferable pig of a man.

‘It is a privilege to have managed Newcastle for 100 games. It’s been a joy and tough but that is what football management is. It’s not an easy business.

‘This has been a particularly poor week but you get that. We have to sort ourselves out and make sure we are ready to rumble in the 37 games left.

‘We will be ready to go and hope to get a win against a West Ham team who, on paper, have improved considerably from last year.’

37 seems optimistic when there are so many teams he himself says we can't compete with.