Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

It wasn't just the losing, it was the lack of passion and fight and we've played like that in the last few derbies under this bloke.

hes an embarassment now. Im embarassed I stood by him so long. Our players not turning up with thier best game to Derbies is totally unacceptable.

It's quite noticable as well in the Derbies, the difference today compared to the fight last week was amazing. Pardew just bottles the derby.

We face a team starting the game at 110mph. They score due to having to play a kid at CB.

Up against all of that, we came into the game second half, scored and should have gone on to achieve at least 1 point.

They score a screamer on the break and all of a sudden the baby is thrown out with the bath water.

If Cabaye had scored that, AP would be getting all of the plaudits for having shown some balls and thrown caution to the wind.

It's a game that is changed in matters of seconds. Nobody saw that coming. It did. We were unfortunate and that's it.

He's going nowhere and I'm pleased he's showing some will to attack games, albeit we started s***.

Are we not allowed to start a derby at 110mph?  Are we not allowed to have our players motivated enough to have a go from the start instead of bottling it?

As for the game itself, we were clueless for most of it.  Does anybody other than Pardew think our front 3 which started today were in the positions which suit them?  I hope not.

We weren't in the game kick off against one of the worst teams to play in the division.  We should have been at them from the off instead of letting them get a goal before we were pushed into doing something.

We shouldn't have been needing to go for a winner late in the game, we should have been in a better position by then.

It wasn't just the losing, it was the lack of passion and fight and we've played like that in the last few derbies under this bloke.

hes an embarassment now. Im embarassed I stood by him so long. Our players not turning up with thier best game to Derbies is totally unacceptable.

It's quite noticable as well in the Derbies, the difference today compared to the fight last week was amazing. Pardew just bottles the derby.

How can this be. What does a Keegan with a 100% derby record say to players that a Pardew hasnt figured out?

edit- they seemed to be yards quicker to every loose ball.

lined us up in an attacking formation with no competent premier league standard centre forward and poor quality centre backs.

Always a possibility that we will lose playing the better football in those circumstances - we have conceeded 2 soft goals for the second game in a row and not for the 1st time we looked clueless around the box. I think any team in this league would have a chance of a result against that XI.

Coloccini may have defended better for the first and could have put his foot on the ball and helped us exert a bit more control when we were on top.

Mate I must have watched a different game. How can you say there was no drive and passion from the players !!! We were the better side and any neutral observer would have say so. They were lucky with their winner. 9/10 Borini wouldn't have scored that one if he had the same chance again and again. Also dimmer and williamsons should have done better against both goals.

Today was 100% proof, if it was ever needed, that this cunt can't do the most important and basic functions of his job: to motivate the players.

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

Hence, the fact that Pardew couldn't motivate his players against the this lot, knowing what this game means to the fans, the area, etc, proves that he has absolutely no motivational skills worthy of calling himself a Premiership football manager. None whatsoever. If they were anything like as motivated as they were against Liverpool we'd have dominated the mackems and run them into the ground. One whole week uninterrupted to prepare for this game, knowing full well Poyet would use this game as a litmus test of sorts and get his players motivated by telling them this was the start of their season, and yet this is the kind of shit we get - 11 strangers thrown onto the pitch without any clue as to what they're meant to be doing or how we're meant to actually go about getting a goal, and worst of all most of them looking stunned and totally unprepared for this battle.

Where was the hoffing from Newcastle ? We only started hoffing it after their late goal which is understandable because we were running out of time.

No one who is honest and not a Pardew hater would say Sunderland played better and deserved their win. They just got lucky against the run of play. We would have won it on another day.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

How can this be. What does a Keegan with a 100% derby record say to players that a Pardew hasnt figured out?

The passion of the man, and KK's understanding of what it means. Pardew for all his talk doesn't understand it and never will. He reflects the owner that way, and probably it was why he was appointed. Someone who isn't emotionally attached to the club or area. Too much passion from the manager about the club, fans and area would upset the owner like.

We face a team starting the game at 110mph. They score due to having to play a kid at CB.

Up against all of that, we came into the game second half, scored and should have gone on to achieve at least 1 point.

They score a screamer on the break and all of a sudden the baby is thrown out with the bath water.

If Cabaye had scored that, AP would be getting all of the plaudits for having shown some balls and thrown caution to the wind.

It's a game that is changed in matters of seconds. Nobody saw that coming. It did. We were unfortunate and that's it.

He's going nowhere and I'm pleased he's showing some will to attack games, albeit we started s***.

Are we not allowed to start a derby at 110mph?  Are we not allowed to have our players motivated enough to have a go from the start instead of bottling it?

As for the game itself, we were clueless for most of it.  Does anybody other than Pardew think our front 3 which started today were in the positions which suit them?  I hope not.

We weren't in the game kick off against one of the worst teams to play in the division.  We should have been at them from the off instead of letting them get a goal before we were pushed into doing something.

We shouldn't have been needing to go for a winner late in the game, we should have been in a better position by then.

There are some undeniable coincidences Mick that don't happen in normal games.

- New Manager bounce. Again.

- English core. Meatheads up for it.

- Home game.

- Must win game.

- We've got a kid at CB.

I don't think we were ever going to match them for sheer aggression. That's not what this squad is about (some may say sadly).

Where (imo) we should have won the game was when they were out of steam, which was the 2nd half (pretty much all of it). Personally, I'd have played Anita to keep the ball ticking over and in our possession.

Just throwing forwards on wasn't the answer but at least they were meant with a positive intent. The same Manager last season would've probably stuck Sameobi on at right back.

Mate I must have watched a different game. How can you say there was no drive and passion from the players !!! We were the better side and any neutral observer would have say so. They were lucky with their winner. 9/10 Borini wouldn't have scored that one if he had the same chance again and again. Also dimmer and williamsons should have done better against both goals.

Nah, we weren't. We had more of the ball, sure, but we didn't create any true opportunities besides punts from outside the box, and not to mention that we couldn't have scored a flukier goal.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 31s

Absolutely disgraceful. Two local journalists prevented from asking questions to Alan Pardew.

I hope George rips him a new arsehole.

What a spineless coward, how can he expect his players to be accountable when he isn't himself.

Some sympathy with his selection, tactical changes, and subs today. We could have won just as easily as we lost.

But forget that, his record in derby's is shameful enough on its own for me now. If I could see it benefiting the team (and sadly I'm still not sure I can), I'd want him out tonight.

You have to create things to win a game.

We didn't create anything for 90 minutes against the worse team in the league.

I agree, I get your point, but we had our best attacking players out there, switching positions, two more strikers coming on, and they created less chances then against any other team so far it seemed. That's not just down to Pardew, they were simply not on their game today (and no, that's not just down to Pardew either).

@simonbirdmirror: Pardew #nufc refusing to take questions from the Journal/local press @MsiDouglas  Not the time to make such a stand.

He said no excuses in the build up - maybe he's going to just shut the fuck up for once.

Sunderland's game plan is simple.  Gung Ho right in the beginning to attack our weakness (CB) and then tried to grind out the whole match, because they can't compete with us in any category.  And it worked.  Pardew trying to settle down the team by changing to 442 - yes Dummet was no longer exposed but we simply given up the first half.

Second half is nothing special - we unable to break down the defense twice and they didnt allow us to have space to run.  And then some brainfart decisions from Cabaye and Tiote costed us the last goal.  Shola should have come in a lot earlier and Cisse shouldn't play.

Pardew's fault, in my opinion, was that he failed to anticipate that Sunderland would go gung ho and try to sneak a goal during the first half. If you could recall his comments pre-match, he was talking about attacking mentality, preparation etc, which actually indicates his prediction was completely wrong - I guess he predicts Sunderland would play very passively and trying to counter attack us. That's probably what he told our player too, and you can see they were all unprepared for such a gung ho pressing from the opponents.

We shouldn't concede the first goal, and we also shouldn't give up the first half.

Guest bimpy474

We certainly did, Tiote aside we showed nothing. Also when i talk about passion and fight i dont just mean it in tackles etc, i mean it overall. Closing down, wanting the ball, showing for it, competing. We were second best in most of that. Hoofing it didn't help mind.

@simonbirdmirror: Pardew #nufc refusing to take questions from the Journal/local press @MsiDouglas  Not the time to make such a stand.

Maybe that's because Douglas is a cunt.

:lol:.

That was fishing. I'll stop now for fear of being slung into the outcast basket.