Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Guest TheGreatBeardo

Man ... the Pardew interview after this is going to be fascinating.

What can he possibly come up with to defend this?

The players weren't up to speed after not playing in europe!?

Man ... the Pardew interview after this is going to be fascinating.

What can he possibly come up with to defend this?

He's a coward. He'll put it off for as long as possible.

He'll come out with the 'we'll have to stand up and be counted.  Disappointed but it's been a long season etc.  It's my job to pick this bunch of players up.  We'll put on a peformance in the last 6,5,4,3 games of the season for the fans who have been brilliant and understand the job we're doing here is a work in progress' etc..

Utterly gutless performance, if we're calling for Pardew to be sacked then half the team should be as well.

You're not serious, man?

The players don't deserve a bonus, but I find it astounding that you seem to indicate that the buck doesn't stop at Pardew for managing these players and building a team out of them.

It stops at the feet of everyone involved. They're all at fault, as I've said numerous times before. To blame one man for the situation is simple-minded bullshit. The omnishambles we've been watching these last few minutes is nothing to do with Pardew and is due to a complete lack of heart and professional pride amongst the players, they're an embarrassment. Pardew may be as well, but to deny that the players are at fault for the way this season has gone is to deny the obvious.

No one is denying that the players have been horrific today, but do you think they're particularly bad or weak-willed individuals? I don't.

I see that over the course of the season they've been systematically broken. You've seen anger slip out in fits and starts over the last few months - particularly from Cisse.

This exaggerated en masse capitulation has been inevitable for a long time now.

Edit: The player's capitulation - today in this completely heartless showing - is mirrored by the fans. I include myself in that. Barely wanted to watch the game today at 9am. Same with Disco, same with a few others who I now forget. The match begins and fans feel like saying "what's the fucking point?". I see no reason why that wouldn't be true of the players who are sent out there.

Guest Phil K

Didn't know the score. Just got in. Stunned. How on earth can Pardew continue after this debacle ?

Time to  DEMAND resignation.

Utterly gutless performance, if we're calling for Pardew to be sacked then half the team should be as well.

You're not serious, man?

The players don't deserve a bonus, but I find it astounding that you seem to indicate that the buck doesn't stop at Pardew for managing these players and building a team out of them.

It stops at the feet of everyone involved. They're all at fault, as I've said numerous times before. To blame one man for the situation is simple-minded bullshit. The omnishambles we've been watching these last few minutes is nothing to do with Pardew and is due to a complete lack of heart and professional pride amongst the players, they're an embarrassment. Pardew may be as well, but to deny that the players are at fault for the way this season has gone is to deny the obvious.

To say that the reason we've been so shit is due to a lack of heart is a bit of a circular argument though. Seems to me that they've lost "heart" due to being set out in such a negative and ineffective way. The players do have to take some blame for it, but the blame starts with the manager for not motivating them, not playing to their strengths and for not changing it when things have been bad for so long.

You're not serious, man?

Not true. We've got a talented team and a manager that doesn't know how to use them to the best of their ability. If you've got someone in charge that ignores the strengths of his team in order to force fit them into whatever the hell system he's trying to run regardless of their ability in that system you're going to have unmotivated, disinterested players. This falls at his feet.

You're not serious, man?

No one is denying that the players have been horrific today, but do you think they're particularly bad or weak-willed individuals? I don't.

I see that over the course of the season they've been systematically broken. You've seen anger slip out in fits and starts over the last few months - particularly from Cisse.

This exaggerated en masse capitulation has been inevitable for a long time now.

Spot on 100%.