West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

Yep, if Carroll is going to absolutely dominate our back line it's essential he does it far enough away from goal.

Sorry but this sort of tactical acumen is way beyond Pardew.

Yep, if Carroll is going to absolutely dominate our back line it's essential he does it far enough away from goal.

Yet all last season we kept a ridiculously high line in virtually every game.

I can remember keeping a high line against a couple of teams that had really pacy strikers like WBA where Shane Long murdered us on the break.

Guest bimpy474

I can remember keeping a high line against a couple of teams that had really pacy strikers like WBA where Shane Long murdered us on the break.

Well we did the same thing against Liverpool last Saturday, that went well :lol:

But against Wham they dont have the pace up top which Liverpool had. Anyway if we continue to leave the midfield absent we'll get murdered whatever formation we play.

A lot of 4-4-2's being expected. Is this because of the back to basics thread? I don't think there has been anything to suggest he'll change back, correct me if I'm wrong.

There's also quite a lot of 'I expect a reaction' type posts.

Pardew will do what he's done every week for 2 1/2 years, send us out to keep it tight and nick one.

Haidara was singled out by Pardew after the Liverpool game so we might see a change in that position and I wouldn't bet against Jonas being at the back again.

Guest icemanblue
:lol: How can people say he shouldn't EVER play for us again? He's had a stinker of a season, no doubt about it. However, he has still shown glimpses of his relatively useful side. I understand it's probably just the hyperbolic (even a word?!) nature of the forum at the moment, but it's just daft.

:lol: How can people say he shouldn't EVER play for us again? He's had a stinker of a season, no doubt about it. However, he has still shown glimpses of his relatively useful side. I understand it's probably just the hyperbolic (even a word?!) nature of the forum at the moment, but it's just daft.

Would agree with this, he's certainly had his awful games, but everyone seems to forget the times when he's turned in good performances, having said that his role if he is here next season provided we are still in premier league should be a lot more limited, he shouldn't be guaranteed starter every game and when he does play he should rarely be on the pitch for the full 90.

There is a huge over reaction to how bad he actually is on here and for the most part he's been yet another victim of Pardew's decline as a manager.

Well we did the same thing against Liverpool last Saturday, that went well :lol:

But against Wham they dont have the pace up top which Liverpool had. Anyway if we continue to leave the midfield absent we'll get murdered whatever formation we play.

I still can't understand how we pack the side with midfielders yet still manage to leave that area absent.