Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I refuse to laugh at the decision until it fails. I don't expect it to work, but it's Man United. I seems ridiculous to laugh at it at this stage.

:thup:

I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U. Look at their players and their budget. They might not win the CL with Moyes but I expect them to compete for the league every of the next five seasons.

What?! Of course there is.

Well of course there is, I was just suggesting we haven't really seen it have we? Failing would be not getting a title every season or so, which lets be honest with the team they have they will.

Doublespeak. :lol:

:p

You know what I meant, of course he can fail, he can miss out on the CL spot, but it's out of this world in my mind. In my opinion there should be no way to fail at that club with that squad.

Everton don't have the right squad for Martinez either at the moment and no money.

Well, Wigan have a lot less money than us. Check the wage bills.

Curious as to why we don't have the 'right squad' for Martinez exactly? If it's style of football then I think you're dead wrong.

Not that I'm completely sold on Martinez... worries me he has never been able to put a remotely solid defence together in what, 4 years? And although Martinez has overachieved a bit by keeping them up each year, it hasn't been anything spectacular. Moyes' early Everton teams were almost as poor on paper as the current Wigan side, but he got us to 7th in his first full season. Then 4th a couple of years later.

Was Evertons squad in the beginning really that bad? I mean, I rate Wigan as the worst squad in the league at the moment. Not saying you're wrong or anything, was a genuine question. Who were your best players back then?

Our best players were Stubbs & Weir at the back and Dunc whenever he was actually fit. Gravesen was in his 3 shit games:1 good game phase until 2004. Geriatric has beens like Gazza, Ginola & Blomqvist were our other attacking midfield options. Kevin Campbell was our main striker and hadn't been decent since about 2000.

The following season when we finished 7th, Li Tie (a player we were given for free by a Chinese sponsor nobody ever heard of before or since) was the midfield lynchpin. Joseph Yobo was the only decent addition. On loan.

Guest icemanblue

I refuse to laugh at the decision until it fails. I don't expect it to work, but it's Man United. I seems ridiculous to laugh at it at this stage.

I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U. Look at their players and their budget. They might not win the CL with Moyes but I expect them to compete for the league every of the next five seasons.

Well of course there is, I was just suggesting we haven't really seen it have we? Failing would be not getting a title every season or so, which lets be honest with the team they have they will.

You know what I meant, of course he can fail, he can miss out on the CL spot, but it's out of this world in my mind. In my opinion there should be no way to fail at that club with that squad.

No, I don't. I really thought that when you said 'I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U', you meant 'I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U'.

No, I don't. I really thought that when you said 'I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U', you meant 'I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U'.

But do you understand what I mean now? It's all a mess. In anyways I apologize for confusing you Inochi, I know you like being a dick, but I'll give you the benefit to proclaim yourself a winner here today. Congrats.

Everton don't have the right squad for Martinez either at the moment and no money.

Curious as to why we don't have the 'right squad' for Martinez exactly? If it's style of football then I think you're dead wrong.

Not that I'm completely sold on Martinez... worries me he has never been able to put a remotely solid defence together in what, 4 years? And although Martinez has overachieved a bit by keeping them up each year, it hasn't been anything spectacular. Moyes' early Everton teams were almost as poor on paper as the current Wigan side, but he got us to 7th in his first full season. Then 4th a couple of years later.

Was Evertons squad in the beginning really that bad? I mean, I rate Wigan as the worst squad in the league at the moment. Not saying you're wrong or anything, was a genuine question. Who were your best players back then?

Our best players were Stubbs & Weir at the back and Dunc whenever he was actually fit. Gravesen was in his 3 s*** games:1 good game phase until 2004. Geriatric has beens like Gazza, Ginola & Blomqvist were our other attacking midfield options. Kevin Campbell was our main striker and hadn't been decent since about 2000.

The following season when we finished 7th, Li Tie (a player we were given for free by a Chinese sponsor nobody ever heard of before or since) was the midfield lynchpin. Joseph Yobo was the only decent addition. On loan.

Was this the time when you guys had Linderoth and Alexandersson? Moyes is a genius now that I remember that :lol:

I dunno man I think I see Everton's squad as set-up for more direct football if you like, fast paced in your face stuff. I think Martinez prefers slower building sides built on great movement. I wasn't having a go at Everton's style btw, I like it.

If yous have money how come you hardly ever buy players then?  ;)

Fellaini is one of the main reasons we play more fast paced and he'll be off. I personally think we'd only need the right style of centre mid to replace Fellaini and a ball playing centre half to play that slower style. Although Wigan manage it with Gary Caldwell at the back... :lol:

No money in terms of a transfer pot but 8th highest wage bill I read today.

Ferguson took over in a different age, he was allowed the time to build his team and become established.

The power he wields at Man Utd was not handed to him on a plate but something he acquired through consistent success.

I honestly believe he will be an impossible act to follow. Good luck to Moyes if he gets the job but he has it all to prove, he won't have a long bedding down period and he's wont be in Ferguson's almost unassailable position of strength.

Guest icemanblue

But do you understand what I mean now? It's all a mess. In anyways I apologize for confusing you Inochi, I know you like being a dick, but I'll give you the benefit to proclaim yourself a winner here today. Congrats.

Geedup. Can't wait to tell my mam.

Our best players were Stubbs & Weir at the back and Dunc whenever he was actually fit. Gravesen was in his 3 s*** games:1 good game phase until 2004. Geriatric has beens like Gazza, Ginola & Blomqvist were our other attacking midfield options. Kevin Campbell was our main striker and hadn't been decent since about 2000.

Was this the time when you guys had Linderoth and Alexandersson? Moyes is a genius now that I remember that :lol:

:anguish: Oh god Alexandersson. Yeah, he was so bad that Walter Smith had to gamble on the likes of Gazza.

Linderoth just walked around the centre circle looking lost. Waste of a signing.

:anguish: Oh god Alexandersson. Yeah, he was so bad that Walter Smith had to gamble on the likes of Gazza.

Linderoth just walked around the centre circle looking lost. Waste of a signing.

This was the period of when I went to SJP and saw Newcastle beat you lot 4-2. Remember Yobo being a decent player back then.

This was the period of when I went to SJP and saw Newcastle beat you lot 4-2. Remember Yobo being a decent player back then.

He was a good signing for us. Excellent on his day but capable of some mad mistakes. Like his pass to assist Rooney & the time he tied his lace in a crowded box while Charlton scored against us :lol:

Anyway re: Moyes at Utd I think he will be fine in the league and they'll still challenge for the title.

In Europe though? Think he'll struggle. He was always found wanting tactically with us apart from when we played FK Shitbag at home in the groups.

Anyway re: Moyes at Utd I think he will be fine in the league and they'll still challenge for the title.

In Europe though? Think he'll struggle. He was always found wanting tactically with us apart from when we played FK Shitbag at home in the groups.

I'd assume they are wiling to give him a bit of a time on the European front especially given his lack of experience there. He's a good manager though so I don't see why he can't get on well even if not straight away.