Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyway re: Moyes at Utd I think he will be fine in the league and they'll still challenge for the title.

In Europe though? Think he'll struggle. He was always found wanting tactically with us apart from when we played FK Shitbag at home in the groups.

This is pretty much how I feel. He'll do well with that squad domestically.

I'm getting to the point where the coverage of this story is making me want to gouge out my eyes and slice off my ears to make it go away.

I know it is big football news, but, really, the first story on the BBC national news earlier? Still the second story hours later?

Guest firetotheworks

If it ends up

Chelsea - Mourinho

Man City - Mancini

Man United - Moyes

as is expected, then that's my prediction for next year's top 3.

If it ends up

Chelsea - Mourinho

Man City - Mancini

Man United - Moyes

as is expected, then that's my prediction for next year's top 3.

Agreed. Moyes....Yawning already.

Why Moyes? I don't get it. Sounds, unsurprisingly, like the first decision of this ilk they've ever had to make is a bad one.

Might as well have gone for Pardew. Moyes doesn't have the charisma for a club like ManU, I give it a year.

Anyone reckon Fergie didn't fancy going up against Mourinho again so retired early?

Reckon he just generally wanted to end with winning the league.  May not have happened next season, meaning he'd have to go for another, getting progressively more knackered.

Why Moyes? I don't get it. Sounds, unsurprisingly, like the first decision of this ilk they've ever had to make is a bad one.

I'd bet pretty much everything I own that the person with by far the most input into who follows him was Ferguson himself.

I'd say it's highly likely that the Man Utd board have placed great importance on Ferguson's advice now he's retiring, and he's recommended Moyes.

Not sure if that's been mentioned or what today, but that was my first reaction when I heard about this.  Seems an odd appointment.

I'd say it's highly likely that the Man Utd board have placed great importance on Ferguson's advice now he's retiring, and he's recommended Moyes.

Not sure if that's been mentioned or what today, but that was my first reaction when I heard about this.  Seems an odd appointment.

I'd bet pretty much everything I own that the person with by far the most input into who follows him was Ferguson himself.

:lol: FML.

Guest palnese

I'd say it's highly likely that Fergie decided that Moyes would follow in his footsteps a long time ago.

Agreed. Who knows - it might work. But I think they should have gone with someone continental and a completely new approach.

He's recommended Moyes so ManU fall apart and then they'll say wow Fergie WAS DA genius...:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Agreed. Who knows - it might work. But I think they should have gone with someone continental and a completely new approach.

If it ain't broke and all that. It really is a 'who knows?' though. I'm really surprised that it isn't Mourinho.

Can see them chopping and changing managers as much as Chelsea do tbh.

For the past 20 odd years they've had nothing but stability.

Massive pressure now to hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see what steps they take if they're say 6/7th come xmas.