Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People will be stunned at how badly Moyes will do.

Such a dour miserable sort. The pressure and desperation to do well will break him.

Man ... I'd be so mad if I was Van Persie. At least he got one good year.

Moyes ... yikes. Can't wait to see who he signs. Will be fascinating.

Next season is going to be amazing.

People will be stunned at how badly Moyes will do.

Such a dour miserable sort. The pressure and desperation to do well will break him.

Man ... I'd be so mad if I was Van Persie. At least he got one good year.

Moyes ... yikes. Can't wait to see who he signs. Will be fascinating.

Next season is going to be amazing.

What has dour and miserable got to do with anything? Fergie's team is as well tbh. Who gives a shit if someone is miserable or their style of play is miserable if you win and considering the finances at Everton pound for pound finishing in the top 6 is as big an achievement as Yanited winning a league.

Sounds like to me you have an axe to grind for some reason.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to suddenly expect Moyes to become a shit manager like.

I think they should have pushed the boat out but he's still one of the best and most consistent managers in the country.

He's not shit but finishing safely in the top 8 is a million miles away from winning the league. He'll need to step up about 50 levels from where he's been at for years.

He will melt under the bright lights. The guy is toast.

He's way too tetchy and uptight. He'll turn into a rambling madman when things don't go well.

On top of that there is nothing special about his football philosophy at all.

Man United fans are disgustingly arrogant. Like, unbelievably so.

They will be spewing when the guy struggles.

They've imagined the likes of Mourinho or Guardiola eventually taking over from Fergie.

They will get David Moyes ... David William Moyes.

He of Gary Neville and Darren Gibson in midfield folklore.

Next season is going to be immensely entertaining on so many fronts.

He's way too tetchy and uptight. He'll turn into a rambling madman when things don't go well.

Neither is Ferguson's :lol: the rest of it is a whole load of assuming crap with nothing to back it up.

Just sounds like you have personal issues with Moyes tbh.

Fair enough if you think he will fail, but at least back it up with facts instead of boring assumptions about his character which you don't know whether will happen or not.

Funny that you rate Rodgers when Moyes is above him with less resources and a smaller squad.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to suddenly expect Moyes to become a shit manager like.

I think they should have pushed the boat out but he's still one of the best and most consistent managers in the country.

I don't think anyone would claim that but to take over that footballing dynasty, I simply don't think he's up to it, not even close.

Honestly think that if he does take over (and I still can't quite believe it might be true), he won't last the season.

Moyes is a good manager but this is up there with Beckham marrying posh spice and having an affair with Rebecca Loos. Most of us would gladly shag both but when you have the pick of the worlds fittest women it looks like shit decisions.

I like to think that Moyes is one of the more honest and genuine football people out there.

It's going to be a shame seeing him turn into a cunt when the Man Utd mentality gets ingrained in him.

Moyes is a good manager but this is up there with Beckham marrying posh spice and having an affair with Rebecca Loos. Most of us would gladly shag both but when you have the pick of the worlds fittest women it looks like shit decisions.

:serious:

The real Man U fans will welcome him and give him time. Who cares what the rest think?

Guest firetotheworks

I love how everyone's an expert on the unknown. It's not like Moyes has had a chance at that level to even fail. I think it's an odd appointment and very risky, but there's literally nothing to suggest he'll be terrible, nor is there anything to suggest that he'll be a success. It's completely unknown territory.

My gut feeling is that it won't work out, at least at first, but it's based more on the man Moyes is following than his success or even experience at that level. It's certainly a big ask, but who knows?

I love how everyone's an expert on the unknown. It's not like Moyes has had a chance at that level to even fail. I think it's an odd appointment and very risky, but there's literally nothing to suggest he'll be terrible, nor is there anything to suggest that he'll be a success. It's completely unknown territory.

My gut feeling is that it won't work out, at least at first, but it's based more on the man Moyes is following than his success or even experience at that level. It's certainly a big ask, but who knows?

Pretty much the way I see it. So far he's had nothing but a positive managerial career, that isn't to say it's certain to continue when he takes on THE big job but he's far more suited than most.

Erm...the last tetchy and uptight guy didn't do too bad.

He's going to be up against 2 clubs who can spend bigger and whatever happens they will both have very highly regarded managers in charge.

3rd wouldn't be a bad finish for Moyes but could well get him the sack.

Seen some talk about Ferguson's legacy ensuring they'll be at the top for some time, but it can all fall apart in the blink of an eye in football. We have seen good teams turn to shit in next to no time ourselves.

They still pay the wages to hang around at the top for some time yet, but I really think they won't be able to take a top 2 finish for granted anymore, even if Moyes does turn out to be a very decent manager for them.

The real Man U fans will welcome him and give him time. Who cares what the rest think?

Well, the non-real fans make out for like 99,9% of their fanbase :p

He's going to be up against 2 clubs who can spend bigger and whatever happens they will both have very highly regarded managers in charge.

3rd wouldn't be a bad finish for Moyes but could well get him the sack.

Seen some talk about Ferguson's legacy ensuring they'll be at the top for some time, but it can all fall apart in the blink of an eye in football. We have seen good teams turn to s*** in next to no time ourselves.

They still pay the wages to hang around at the top for some time yet, but I really think they won't be able to take a top 2 finish for granted anymore, even if Moyes does turn out to be a very decent manager for them.

IF they get him noway they sack him as long as he goes deep in cups and earns CL spots. They won't sack him after a year if they finish 3rd, they're very much aware that he'll need time to adapt and I think Sir Alex and the backroom staff will be there to help him out. I think he'll win the league in his first year and then I can see them declining for a couple of years if City gets a new manager and Mourinho manages to get back to Chelsea and start a new team there.

Seems a potentially very good appointment to me, especially if Fergie is going to maintain a semi-active role and mentor him.

Last thing they want is to become just another club with media circuses around someone like Mourinho. This way they can have some sort of continuity and allow a promising British manager to take the job on. There are a load of young players coming through, and they should be able to do some good work in the market.

He seems a down-to-earth guy who will at least have a chance of managing a smooth transition.

Obviously a very tough job and massive boots to fill, but good luck to him IMO.

It also made me think that, no matter how much good work they do, or how much they try to give off the vibe that they "get it", Americans will never, ever truly understand English football.

If you'd relayed that story to any English football supporter, they'd wince, but an American who actually owns a club, and has shown himself to be one of the better US owners, just had no idea what he was saying.

There will always be an elusive 5% that they just do not, and can not, get.

Broadly speaking, that's probably true and not really controversial. It would be true the other way around, too. (Yes, I realize you don't give a flying shit about our "sports.")

Well, the non-real fans make out for like 99,9% of their fanbase :p

We know.