Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everton don't have the right squad for Martinez either at the moment and no money.

Well, Wigan have a lot less money than us. Check the wage bills.

Curious as to why we don't have the 'right squad' for Martinez exactly? If it's style of football then I think you're dead wrong.

Not that I'm completely sold on Martinez... worries me he has never been able to put a remotely solid defence together in what, 4 years? And although Martinez has overachieved a bit by keeping them up each year, it hasn't been anything spectacular. Moyes' early Everton teams were almost as poor on paper as the current Wigan side, but he got us to 7th in his first full season. Then 4th a couple of years later.

Everton don't have the right squad for Martinez either at the moment and no money.

Curious as to why we don't have the 'right squad' for Martinez exactly? If it's style of football then I think you're dead wrong.

Not that I'm completely sold on Martinez... worries me he has never been able to put a remotely solid defence together in what, 4 years? And although Martinez has overachieved a bit by keeping them up each year, it hasn't been anything spectacular. Moyes' early Everton teams were almost as poor on paper as the current Wigan side, but he got us to 7th in his first full season. Then 4th a couple of years later.

Was Evertons squad in the beginning really that bad? I mean, I rate Wigan as the worst squad in the league at the moment. Not saying you're wrong or anything, was a genuine question. Who were your best players back then?

Guest firetotheworks

I refuse to laugh at the decision until it fails. I don't expect it to work, but it's Man United. I seems ridiculous to laugh at it at this stage.

I refuse to laugh at the decision until it fails. I don't expect it to work, but it's Man United. I seems ridiculous to laugh at it at this stage.

:thup:

I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U. Look at their players and their budget. They might not win the CL with Moyes but I expect them to compete for the league every of the next five seasons.

I dunno man I think I see Everton's squad as set-up for more direct football if you like, fast paced in your face stuff. I think Martinez prefers slower building sides built on great movement. I wasn't having a go at Everton's style btw, I like it.

If yous have money how come you hardly ever buy players then?  ;)

You only have to look at Chelsea to see how possible it is for a world-class squad to be off title-winning pace though.

the real question is: how good really is this Manchester United squad? its obviously very good but compared to previous Ferguson squads it seems quite a bit weaker so how much of their dominance this season is down to Fergie alone

I don't think there's a way to fail at Man U. Look at their players and their budget. They might not win the CL with Moyes but I expect them to compete for the league every of the next five seasons.

What?! Of course there is.

Ferguson's achievements at Man U are nothing short of phenomenal and he does deserve all the plaudits he's (inevitably) going to get come the end of the season. A legend of the game, it has to be said. Shame he's a c*** of a man and is (soon to be was) quite the bully on the touchline (this will be something everyone will gloss over unfortunately). He has my respect because of his achievements/managerial ability but ultimately, the way he acts/ed like a spoilt brat means I can never respect him as an individual (if that makes sense!).

The Moyes project will be an interesting one. Don't think he's the man to lead Man U mind but we'll see...

Guest firetotheworks

For me it's that Moyes is an unknown at that level. It's a risk, but until it actually happens, no one knows for sure.

Well of course there is, I was just suggesting we haven't really seen it have we? Failing would be not getting a title every season or so, which lets be honest with the team they have they will.

Guest icemanblue

Well of course there is, I was just suggesting we haven't really seen it have we? Failing would be not getting a title every season or so, which lets be honest with the team they have they will.

Doublespeak. :lol: