Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have to respect Ferguson's achievements as a manager but looking at the various extracts from his book in the papers he comes across as a massive bellend. The fact that he won't give a single solitary shit also helps explain why he was such a good manager mind.

The Sunderland passage is fake, but here's one example of what's in there.

After the 8–2 win over Arsenal came the farce of a 6–1 home defeat to City. We battered them for 40 minutes in that game. Absolutely battered them. We should have been three or four up. The referee allowed Micah Richards to boot lumps out of Ashley Young, overlooking five fouls in a row. At half-time we were really controlling the game. Then we had a man sent off just after the break. If you watch it again, Mario Balotelli pulls Jonny Evans first, but our centre-back then brought him down and was dismissed.

So at 2–0 down I made a change and brought on Phil Jones, who kept flying forward. We dragged it back to 3–1 and the crowd went crazy. A famous comeback was on the cards. Fletcher had scored a wonderful goal, so we began attacking, and then conceded three goals in the last seven minutes. Suicide.

It looked humiliating but it was actually self-annihilation. There was never a point in the game when City looked a superior side to us. At 3–0 up they were in a comfort zone, that’s fair to say, but they were not playing a style of football that was tearing us apart.

His version of their performance in the return fixture they lost (pretty much along with the league) to the Kompany header is an even more warped version of reality.

Have to respect Ferguson's achievements as a manager but looking at the various extracts from his book in the papers he comes across as a massive bellend. The fact that he won't give a single solitary s*** also helps explain why he was such a good manager mind.

You really didn't need to wait for the book to see that he's a massive bellend.

Have to respect Ferguson's achievements as a manager but looking at the various extracts from his book in the papers he comes across as a massive bellend. The fact that he won't give a single solitary s*** also helps explain why he was such a good manager mind.

You really didn't need to wait for the book to see that he's a massive bellend.

He was for most part, although people have to remember that the whole point of writing a book is to sell, no one would give it a read if it was boring. I'm not disagreeing that he's a massive bellend but I do think without reading the book that he'll come across as a bigger wanker than he really is.

For all Ferguson's great achievements as a manager - and not just at OT - he is now as much a part of history as is Sir Matt Busby and Bill Shankly. The fact that he has to have a poke at various people in the game is just part of his having to come to terms with the fact that its all over and he aint the Big Cheese anymore. We all know that Keane is a loudmouth and Beckham ruled by his wife...

For what its  worth, I reckon Bob Paisley had the really tough job of taking over from Shankly in 1974 because he was a modest man and did not want the spotlight and yet he went on to build in Shankly's achievements in his own quiet way, without haranguing referees or flinging boots at players in the dressing room. It took Ferguson a few years to win a title at Man U and although he did a fantastic job, he was at a club with massive world-wide appeal and resources..his legacy will always be tainted for me due to his nasty streak and gamesmanship which he used to intimidate not only officials but the powers in the FA and PL.

As for his reputed comments about NUFC's fans/potential - well, whether true or not, he isn't the first famous manager to know that...KK always knew it, even before he became a player for us, Clough and Taylor also knew it and said so and even Shankly rang Arthur Cox on the day of his appointment as manager and told him that if he made NUFC successful, there wasn't, quote, 'a piece of Granite in Aberdeen big enough to make the statue they will want to build for you'...

Ferguson knew that too, but it didn't stop him calling us a wee club in the NE, criticizing us for firing Allardyce after his poor buys and lousy football....OR for parting company with SBR even though he was the same age then as Ferguson was when he retired(Shepherd made a complete mess of it all but that's not what Fergie was complaining about)... or saying that NUFC have always had to sell their players after he wrote about buying Andy Cole off us...conveniently forgot the 1m we got Gillespie for as a makeweight, and it came back to bite him on the a--e when we beat them to Shearer.....

A great manager but his time is finished.....he will have to get used to the fact that others are in the spotlight now - he will be a hard act for Moyes to follow but that's not our problem....we have enough of our own..!!

Personally the only appeal I get from biographies is getting to know stuff I didn't know earlier. Lifting the lid on the Beckham incident, talking about players he really respected (see Scholes, Solskjær and so on) and how much of a cunt Keane was is what people would want to read about. Would be no point putting out a book with stuff we already know through the media and interviews.

Just seen the Brendan Rodgers whinge about the Ferguson book.

First of all him trying to claim that people will remember Fergie more now for "his bitterness in this book" than his accomplishments is a load of absolute bollocks.

Second, him going on about the class and history of Liverpool and how Fergie comes across as bitter because "he resented chasing them for so many years"

I know he's trying to suck up to the scousers but get over yourself Brendan.

Rodgers.  :lol: Come back when you achieve anything.

First of all him trying to claim that people will remember Fergie more now for "his bitterness in this book" than his accomplishments is a load of absolute bollocks.

Second, him going on about the class and history of Liverpool and how Fergie comes across as bitter because "he resented chasing them for so many years"

Rodgers.  :lol: Come back when you achieve anything.

:lol:

kinda rich for him to moan about the Fergie book when there was the Being Liverpool thing (or to go by what it really was called "Being Brendan Rodgers")

After the 8–2 win over Arsenal came the farce of a 6–1 home defeat to City. We battered them for 40 minutes in that game. Absolutely battered them. We should have been three or four up. The referee allowed Micah Richards to boot lumps out of Ashley Young, overlooking five fouls in a row. At half-time we were really controlling the game. Then we had a man sent off just after the break. If you watch it again, Mario Balotelli pulls Jonny Evans first, but our centre-back then brought him down and was dismissed.

So at 2–0 down I made a change and brought on Phil Jones, who kept flying forward. We dragged it back to 3–1 and the crowd went crazy. A famous comeback was on the cards. Fletcher had scored a wonderful goal, so we began attacking, and then conceded three goals in the last seven minutes. Suicide.

It looked humiliating but it was actually self-annihilation. There was never a point in the game when City looked a superior side to us. At 3–0 up they were in a comfort zone, that’s fair to say, but they were not playing a style of football that was tearing us apart.

His version of their performance in the return fixture they lost (pretty much along with the league) to the Kompany header is an even more warped version of reality.

Great manager that he was, his public utterances have been complete bollocks for a few years now (like van Persie almost getting killed by a football), so it was probably asking too much to expect anything else from his book.

They were 2-0 down and dragged it back to 3-1 down :lol:

Yeah I know it went 3-0 first but any excuse to laugh at that horrendous cunt.

He likes to collect reports, records, data, etc about the John F Kennedy shooting. :lol:

Who would have thought he would have been a conspiracy theorist? :lol: Decades of the FA not giving him exactly what he wanted - very nearly, but not exactly - is clearly a plot. He'll see himself in the heroic populist JFK role in his mental movies, rather than the horrible bully he really is. He's a nasty man, who got rich and successful by being a nasty man. That is apparently the way it works. Iyam I'm OK with being a loser rather than a twat, but that's just me. It's nicer being nice. :)

Come the revolution, though, he'll be first against the wall.

It feels like this book is another extension of his will to impose himself, and win.

Amazing person. On paper, I don't think Man U have been the best side in the Premiership over the last 3-4 years. But he knows how to win.

It feels like this book is another extension of his will to impose himself, and win.

Amazing person. On paper, I don't think Man U have been the best side in the Premiership over the last 3-4 years. But he knows how to win.

Always had a few players in the squad that don't look like they should be there but he has still won so much. A bit harsh on Moyes as it is still very early days but most predicted they would fall away a bit as soon as Ferguson jacked it in.