Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Everton have got it good at the moment. Martinez is the type of football person that renews my faith in the sport. There's so much cynicism and ulterior motives in football these days, especially in this country. Martinez wants the glory and he wants to achieve it in the right way. Jealous.

Isn't he only providing commentary for the winning goal of the 1999 FA Cup semi final replay between Arsenal and Manchester United?

Ryan Taylor nominated The King for that ice water thingy.

Bet he asked him to. Sad desperado that he is. Wants to be one of the cool kids.

Could totally see that happening.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/dundalk-fined-18k-uefa-displaying-palestinian-flag-131749035.html

DUNDALK HAVE BEEN hit with a significant fine by UEFA for the displaying of a Palestine flag during a recent Europa League match.

The Lilywhites played Croatian club Hajduk Split in a two-legged second round qualifier last month — losing out 3-2 on aggregate.

In a statement released this afternoon, the club confirmed this afternoon that the European football governing body has charged the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division leaders with a €18,000 fine.

“Dundalk FC can confirm that the club has been charged by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Committee,” the statement reads.

“These charges relate to Article 16 (2) of the Disciplinary Rules (relating to flags that have been deemed by UEFA to be inappropriate) and Article 45 UEFA Stadium Infrastructure (relating to the prohibition of standing supporters).

The total fine is €18,000 for these charges.

“Dundalk FC have requested further information from UEFA on these charges before beginning any appeals process.

“Dundalk FC will be making no further comment on this issue until it is fully resolved.”

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/dundalk-fined-18k-uefa-displaying-palestinian-flag-131749035.html

DUNDALK HAVE BEEN hit with a significant fine by UEFA for the displaying of a Palestine flag during a recent Europa League match.

The Lilywhites played Croatian club Hajduk Split in a two-legged second round qualifier last month — losing out 3-2 on aggregate.

In a statement released this afternoon, the club confirmed this afternoon that the European football governing body has charged the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division leaders with a €18,000 fine.

“Dundalk FC can confirm that the club has been charged by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Committee,” the statement reads.

“These charges relate to Article 16 (2) of the Disciplinary Rules (relating to flags that have been deemed by UEFA to be inappropriate) and Article 45 UEFA Stadium Infrastructure (relating to the prohibition of standing supporters).

“Dundalk FC have requested further information from UEFA on these charges before beginning any appeals process.

“Dundalk FC will be making no further comment on this issue until it is fully resolved.”

I was gonna post that earlier, that's my hometown club :lol:

Fining a club for flying the flag of a FIFA nation, it's ridiculous, that fine is massive to a club like Dundalk who get attendances of about 2k a week and who only break even on league prize money if they finish in the top 2.

I was gonna post that earlier, that's my hometown club :lol:

Fining a club for flying the flag of a FIFA nation, it's ridiculous, that fine is massive to a club like Dundalk who get attendances of about 2k a week and who only break even on league prize money if they finish in the top 2.

huge amount of money for them, iirc the winners last year only got 100k. And if they had any player worth selling to get the money for the fine he'd already be sold so thats that avenue closed.

As far as I know it comes out of the prize money they're owed by UEFA for playing in 2 Europa League qualifier rounds.

My mate was at the game, the flag was being displayed during the pre game warmup and an UEFA official instructed that it was to be taken down before KO, the Dundalk fans refused and eventually the Chairmen came over saying that kick off would be delayed until it was taken down.  It was taken down and about 5mins into the game it was raised again. Stupid from the fans as they knew there'd likely be a fine but it's a dangerous precedent being set by UEFA too.

As far as I know it comes out of the prize money they're owed by UEFA for playing in 2 Europa League qualifier rounds.

My mate was at the game, the flag was being displayed during the pre game warmup and an UEFA official instructed that it was to be taken down before KO, the Dundalk fans refused and eventually the Chairmen came over saying that kick off would be delayed until it was taken down.  It was taken down and about 5mins into the game it was raised again. Stupid from the fans as they knew there'd likely be a fine but it's a dangerous precedent being set by UEFA too.

its really opening a can of worms for themselves, other charge is just plain silly too, theres only one all seater stadium for the league of ireland clubs to begin with.