Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest neesy111

1990 was my favourite by a long shot.

Correct.

As if it's a fact rather than an opinion.

2010 was f***ing horrendous, 2014 was comfortably the best I've seen.

2014 was absolutely woeful past the qualifying round minus a certain semi final.

Alright nees. :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

Guest neesy111

Doesn't change my opinion about the World Cup in itself.

I can barely remember a game from it other than Germany v Brazil. What stood out? (Did Holland hammer Spain early on?)

Aye they did.  5-1

Doesn't change my opinion about the World Cup in itself.

I can barely remember a game from it other than Germany v Brazil. What stood out? (Did Holland hammer Spain early on?)

Just because you can't remember any games, doesn't mean other people can't. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28268842 says quite a lot. Plenty of other articles around arguing it as the best ever. I wasn't alive for all, but for the ones I've seen the 2014 was the best IMO. You don't have to share my opinion ;)

Nothing comes below 2010, but 1998 always felt good to me.

Think 1998 will always be my favourite because it was my first.

2014 was quality, I'll stick that 2nd.

Agree with this, thought 2002 was class as well though even if the times were annoying as fuck.

Nothing comes below 2010, but 1998 always felt good to me.

Think 1998 will always be my favourite because it was my first.

2014 was quality, I'll stick that 2nd.

Agree with this, thought 2002 was class as well though even if the times were annoying as f***.

Went into school early to watch Michael Owen put us 1 up against Brazil :aww:

2006, tbh. But purely because it was on my doorstep. That was amazing.

Was there and saw few games, but 2006 just didn't do it for me. Not sure why. Maybe because it was so well organized and all :lol: Just lacked that little extra imo.

78 through to 94 were all good in their own way and way superior to anything we've seen since. 82 though was magic. France vs Germany semi.  The terrific Brazilian side knocked out by the  eventual winners and England's first finals for 12 years. Scotland and Northern Ireland also contributed to a great final. Just a great tourney.

Hoping to get to some away games this season. If I buy a membership (£35) what is the limit of away tickets you can buy with that membership for each game?

Also, what's the availability of away games been like this season?

Hoping to get to some away games this season. If I buy a membership (£35) what is the limit of away tickets you can buy with that membership for each game?

No away games have went to membership yet.

Apparently they will and apparently some will go to public sale, but non so far and no prospect of it happening soon.

Was better than the south africa one in terms of entertaining games, not sure the quality was actually super high, Germany were by far the best team and basically walked it.

Argentina should've beat them. My memory was they weren't that good other than the Brazil game but could be wrong

No away games have went to membership yet.

Apparently they will and apparently some will go to public sale, but non so far and no prospect of it happening soon.

Thanks. I guess the pipe dream of away days is just that for now then!