Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Roger Kint

Where can I find the quotes from NUFC about not wanting to qualify for Europe and all that? Think it was from a fans meeting or something?

I'm sure I've seen it on here but I can't find it :)

In the thread about it?

The bit you want(if it said that)

'MMc: "The perception fans have is that the club would be happy with any finish under a Europa League place. Would tenth be acceptable?"

The board suggested that this perception had been driven by reports published prematurely from the previous Fans Forum, which had misled the public about what was actually said and the context. It was restated that the club's intentions are top ten as the minimum standard, with every place higher representing a better outcome.'

So basically no they dont have a problem with Europe as such, just a massive one about making the squad prepared for it at all

Where can I find the quotes from NUFC about not wanting to qualify for Europe and all that? Think it was from a fans meeting or something?

I'm sure I've seen it on here but I can't find it :)

In the thread about it?

The bit you want(if it said that)

'MMc: "The perception fans have is that the club would be happy with any finish under a Europa League place. Would tenth be acceptable?"

The board suggested that this perception had been driven by reports published prematurely from the previous Fans Forum, which had misled the public about what was actually said and the context. It was restated that the club's intentions are top ten as the minimum standard, with every place higher representing a better outcome.'

So basically no they dont have a problem with Europe as such, just a massive one about making the squad prepared for it at all

Also this.

Liam Hall (LH): "Regarding strength of the squad, if we did qualify for the Europa League this season, would we strengthen where we didn't last time?"

The board explained that the Europa League generated circa £6m last season and that was not a significant amount to strengthen the squad. Any funds available would be used to strengthen for the Premier League and not for the Europa League.

Minutes

The not wanting Europe thing was a typical example of people drawing the worst possible conclusion from a set of quotes.

Obviously we see the Europa League as a bit of a hassle, like most clubs. But we're not actively going to try and finish lower in the PL FFS, that's just mental.

MIDFIELDER - SANTI CAZORLA (Arsenal)

When you have as many football technicians as Arsenal, it is only a matter of time before one of them unlocks the most stubborn of defences. Santi Cazorla's first goal was so beautifully constructed by his team-mates that they practically undressed Fulham.

Did you know? Cazorla's last six Premier League goals have come at the Emirates.

:lol: :lol:

What a creep of a man :lol:

The not wanting Europe thing was a typical example of people drawing the worst possible conclusion from a set of quotes.

Obviously we see the Europa League as a bit of a hassle, like most clubs. But we're not actively going to try and finish lower in the PL FFS, that's just mental.

Well considering they openly won't spend any money to strengthen the squad for it, and last time that happened we finished 16th, I'd say it's a pretty reasonable conclusion to come to.

Guest bimpy474

There's also the infamous 'thank god we're not in the Europa League next season' statement from the manager of course. :thup:

Well if we're too tight to go for the Champions League places, and our aim is to finish below the Europa Qualification. See the cups as not worth it.

What the fuck is the point of doing anything at all. 38 games of meh.

There's also the infamous 'thank god we're not in the Europa League next season' statement from the manager of course. :thup:

Well if we're too tight to go for the Champions League places, and our aim is to finish below the Europa Qualification. See the cups as not worth it.

:sadnod:

Football is not about competing. It is about existing, and skrilla.

you know, my first edit was a straightforward "it's all about the benjamins", but I thought that was too 90s. They do say that this stuff works in cycles. I guess it's time to dust off my popper pants too.

Zoopla have dropped their sponsorship with WBA, effective at the end of the season.

Decided not renew, not dropped. It was already due to expire at the end of the season.

Yeah, a cynical person could see todays events as "decided not to renew but went for the extra fee publicity"

Besides this situation was else has Anelka done to cause controversy? I only remember falling out with some managers, but nothing actually serious. I've seen his name prefaced with "controversial" a shitload recently, but I never got that impression.

Besides this situation was else has Anelka done to cause controversy? I only remember falling out with some managers, but nothing actually serious. I've seen his name prefaced with "controversial" a shitload recently, but I never got that impression.

Not smiling much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/carlo-ancelotti-says-tried-kill-one-players-while-150629525--sow.html

Speaks volumes that nice guy Ancelotti was that riled up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/carlo-ancelotti-says-tried-kill-one-players-while-150629525--sow.html

Speaks volumes that nice guy Ancelotti was that riled up.

Thanks :thup: He was at Bolton by the time I started following the game, so missed pretty much half of his career, never really thought of him as petulant.